{REQ} Raid SATA drivers for Dell Inspiron 530

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
I have purchased a refurbished Inspiron 530 that has the Intel SATA raid on the Foxconn G33m02 motherboard and I am wanting to setup my raid, but I can find no raid drivers to use when I install Windows XP Pro.

Does anyone have a clue where I can get these drivers from? I do not see any raid drivers listed on Dell's web site for ANY OS period. And no drivers came with the pc either.

And why does this motherboard only support Raid 1? There are no other choices available...i.e. can't setup Raid 0.

Thanks!

Have you checked out Foxconn site alrdy?

I know label machines can be pain because the drivers are hard to come by, but after you find out what chipset your motherboard has, the search becomes easier.

DL and burn ubcd . use the system info util if memory serves me its aida32
locate the specific piece of hardware. write down any info and then u can scour the web or driverguide. com for it

now are u in windows yet? or having trouble installing?

It is very possible the raid controller might not support raid-0. Raid-1 is a sure thing, as I am quite positive this is what Dell uses for the "dell datasafe" option when a new computer is being built.

You have the option of using an add-in card to handle your raid setup of course.

Have you checked out Foxconn site alrdy?

I know label machines can be pain because the drivers are hard to come by, but after you find out what chipset your motherboard has, the search becomes easier.

I have checked Dell and Foxconn's web sites and neither one even shows anything at all about a Raid driver. The Foxconn site shows a SATA driver (for the G33M, which is pretty close to the G33M02 that Dell has in the 530), but it is an .exe for installing once you have Windows up and running. I have been unable to find a Raid driver to use when installing XP...i.e. where you press F6 to use third party drivers in the first of the installation.

And to answer the other question posted, no I am not in Windows and can't get there, because Windows XP does not see my raided drives, because there is no driver for Windows to use in the installation. :eek:

At this point it looks like I will be using an add in card. All I am doing is trying to just get a little more speed out of the system.

dude you got a dell....

I have custom built all of my pc's in the past. I ordered this Dell to actually replace one at my office, but decided that is was faster than my current 2 year old personal pc at home. So, when my MSI board died I gutted the Dell and put all my stuff in it, except for the motherboard. But at this point, I can notice a performance difference between it and my old pc. So, I am keeping the Dell as my pc for now.

I am just tinkering around and seeing what I can get it to do.

i completely understand. i built a pc for my friend a dell 4600.
he wanted more juice for gaming so i talked him into spending 160 bux for new case psu and mobo. never been happier.

Back