[Req] Can Someone Make me a 1920x1200 version of this Wallpaper?

feverfive

Limp Gawd
I don't have PhotoShop (& I can't get Paint.net to even start on my machine--so I can't learn how to do this type of stuff); I typically just use Irfanview to re-size/crop wallpapers (I use a widescreen monitor, so many regular resolutions are too small/not properly proportioned). But, this particular wallpaper I cannot get to look right (it doesn't look 1x1 to the original which is at 1280x1024 res); the horizontal lines should be very close together; I end up w/ uneven spacing/gaps. Can someone w/ PS make me a 1920x1200 (or simply a widescreen resolution such as 1440x900 or 1680x1050) version of this simple wallpaper so that it's lines & gradients look pretty close to how they look at 1280x1024?

Here is the best I could do, basically, deinterlaced the image to get the gradient part, then manually extrapolated the dark lines. None of the resize mothods that PS had could accuratly do it.

pic

shadowwyvern said:
Here is the best I could do, basically, deinterlaced the image to get the gradient part, then manually extrapolated the dark lines. None of the resize mothods that PS had could accuratly do it.

pic
Thank you very much!! I kinda glad to hear it wasn't some sort of "easy" operation; at least you've confirmed it was beyond my current ability (& S/W). I appreciate it...

Would you like a short explanation on how to recreate this wallpaper in photoshop in about 3 steps?

Here it is anyway.

1. Create your document.1920x1200
2. put in your color boxes 'foreground and background' the two colors you would like to use, or you can open up the image above and eye dropper the colors from it.
3. select the gradient tool and drag it from the top to the bottom, get it how you want it.
4. make a new document 1x2
5. add a blank layer and draw a black pixel on the top most pixel of the document.
6. delete the background layer
7. click Edit > Define Pattern
8. go back to you desktop document and right click on your gradient layer and select blending options check and select pattern overlay select your new pattern you just made, change the blend mode to overlay and adjust the opacity settings to how you want it to look, click ok and voila.

i may have missed something

Thanks. I am by no means an expert in PS, so any new knowledge is good.

Is there a reszing method that will actually do that correctly?

Back