République SPOILERS THREAD

KatalDT

2[H]4U
WARNING! SPOILERS FOLLOW!

This is a pivotal game that's been brought to our attention by piscian18 @ http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1689368

It's primarily going to be developed for the iOS platforms, but will obviously be a breakthrough hit on PC. Some big, big names being dropped surrounding this game. I expect the most common question asked on these forums to be 'CAN MY PC PLAY REPUBLIQUE?'

I took some time poring over the data available for the game - seen here in its entirety:

You receive a desperate phone call from Hope, a young woman trapped within a shadowy totalitarian state. Using a stolen phone, she calls and begs you to hack into the nation's surveillance system, assume control, and help her escape from the clutches of the omnipresent Overseer.

My questions so far:
Who is Hope?
Why is she a young woman?
What sort of state is she trapped in? Spoiler alert: A shadowy totalitarian state!
Why did she steal a phone?
WHOSE PHONE IS IT? Is it YOURS?
How did she get your number?
Why did she call YOU?
Why does she think you know how to hack?
Why would you assume control over the nation's surveillance system?
Who is the Overseer?
How is he omnipresent?
How is she calling you IF SHE'S IN HIS CLUTCHES AND OMNIPRESENT?

HOPE IS THE OVERSEER! She doesn't really exist - ie. hope does not exist. No hope. I think M. Night Shalamalan might have something to do with this game.

On the edge of my seat here.

My questions so far:
  1. Who is Hope?
  2. Why is she a young woman?
  3. What sort of state is she trapped in? Spoiler alert: A shadowy totalitarian state!
  4. Why did she steal a phone?
  5. WHOSE PHONE IS IT? Is it YOURS?
  6. How did she get your number?
  7. Why did she call YOU?
  8. Why does she think you know how to hack?
  9. Why would you assume control over the nation's surveillance system?
  10. Who is the Overseer?
  11. How is he omnipresent?
  12. How is she calling you IF SHE'S IN HIS CLUTCHES AND OMNIPRESENT?[/

1. A young woman. Might be a dude.
  2. Summer in Thailand.
  3. Present day US.
  4. She works for Gizmodo.
  5. Can't speak about ongoing legal case.
  6. Facebook privacy leak.
  7. My profile picture is awesome.
  8. On my facebook page it says I have "skillz" and I make fun of 4chan.
  9. To get lady Gaga's phone number.
  10. Boss.
  11. Teamviewer.
  12. She uses Gentoo which isn't supported.

Last edited:
Edited! Sorry!

There's still the unanswered question of who is Hope's parents. Also why does she wear a hood and have her mouth open constantly even though not speaking? :p

I think

Hope's father is the Overseer. There have been a few subtle hints of that in the story so far.

How can you have spoilers for a game that hasn't even been produced yet? Way too much unsupported hype surrounding this game and it's makers credentials.

How can you have spoilers for a game that hasn't even been produced yet? Way too much unsupported hype surrounding this game and it's makers credentials.

Well, a different kind of spoiler just entered the thread. :cool:

I think

Hope's father is the Overseer. There have been a few subtle hints of that in the story so far.

I disagree. I think

Hope's mother is the Overseer. Father is waaay too obvious and plays on too many classical stereotyles. Going with mother allows a shocking twist on what's expected and lots od freudian stuff...:eek:. Then later it turns out her mother was really a dude. Also the president of Thailand. Who you have to sex up in one mission. It is playing on Oedipus complexes... Until it turns out that the ex drag queen made you, and you are a robot.

Only explanation that makes any sense.

Back