Republic of Gamers Announces GT51CA with GTX 10-Series Graphics Cards

HardOCP News

[H] News
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced that the GT51CA gaming desktop is now available with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 10-Series graphics cards. This includes the top-spec NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, which delivers up to three times (3X) the performance of previous-generation NVIDIA graphics cards. GT51CA even supports up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 2-Way SLI™ for super-smooth gaming visuals. It is powered by a 6th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, with Turbo Gear for one-click full-core CPU overclocking to 4.6GHz without having to reboot.

"the Hydro Overclocking System includes a liquid-cooling unit for the CPU and dedicated air channels to cool the graphics cards, even the PSU (power supply unit) has its own dedicated airflow design."

Holy crap, I've been waiting for the day dedicated air channels would be low enough in price for me to afford!

Seriously though, for some gamers who like pre-built systems, it seems fine if they're willing to trade money for time/knowledge in building. I have no issue with this. I personally prefer to pay the dry cleaning guy to do all my ironing even though it's entirely possible for me to do it at a lower cost.

Seriously though, for some gamers who like pre-built systems, it seems fine if they're willing to trade money for time/knowledge in building.

There is another issue here, warranty support. When you build a system out of parts from a dozen different suppliers, while the parts are all under some type of warranty that's still a dozen different companies one would potentially have to deal with. But reliability out of box for PC parts in my experience is very good (knock on wood) and dealing with warranty support is something I've not had to deal with much on a DIY PC. If I saw reliability as a problem, I'd be much more inclined to by a pre-built system.

There is another issue here, warranty support. When you build a system out of parts from a dozen different suppliers, while the parts are all under some type of warranty that's still a dozen different companies one would potentially have to deal with. But reliability out of box for PC parts in my experience is very good (knock on wood) and dealing with warranty support is something I've not had to deal with much on a DIY PC. If I saw reliability as a problem, I'd be much more inclined to by a pre-built system.
Most of the time if you can put together the pc yourself then knowledge of how to debug and identify problem parts really isn't too hard.
I just don't like it that warranty repair usually means getting a refurbished replacement even though that part may be newer than the refurbished part.

I understand buying the desktops too. Some people spend so much time working that when they want to play PC games, they want to play - not screw around building the PC.

I used to try to (and honestly I had to because I was cash poor) get away with spending as little as possible on PCs, home, and auto projects. Now, I always just go get the proper tool or material and the projects take me a third of the time. I like having more free time!

Back