Replacing my 50" Samsung Plasma with a 65-75" TV. I'm lost.

I read a ton of stuff on rtings.com before investing in a new TV.
Now, I have to admit, I'm a Sony fan but also own Samsung, LG and Sharp TVs as well as a TCL (actually sits outside all year, covered in winter, under an outdoor pavillion)

I just bought a new Sony 4K model XBR 49X 900F. It's a great TV, I couldn't be happier.
The performance is exactly as rtings said it would be. It does have crappy sound. The viewing angle is way better than the reviews say. The picture on the 4K TVs is stunning. I only had room for 49 inch span or I would have gone 55.

Now I'm not trying to sell you a Sony. I'm just saying that rtings.com is a very good source for shopping

Yeah rtings is the best. Definitely read all you can there for the TVs you're looking at.

Yeah rtings is the best. Definitely read all you can there for the TVs you're looking at.
Best for TVs. They use the same methodology for their PC monitor reviews and it doesn't work there. TFT Central and Prad.de are the best for monitors. I honestly haven't read any of their headphone reviews, so I don't have an opinion on those.

Some dude on Youtube that seems to be a professional TV calibrator (who knew that was a profession) seems to have a beef with Rtings based on their methods and results and errors.

Everyone makes mistakes so I take credibility and criticism with a lot of salt...

I trust rtings more than some random dude on YouTube honestly.

I do understand his position, but I don't think I few errors are enough to say a whole website is bunk.

Some dude on Youtube that seems to be a professional TV calibrator (who knew that was a profession) seems to have a beef with Rtings based on their methods and results and errors.

This guy is a dumb QLED shill who makes up controversial positions to get subscribers. Based on the fact that he has hardly any, and nobody likes his videos, you can see how well that strategy is working for him. He has also attempted to bash HDTVTest to get subs, which is just fucking absurdly hilarious because Vincent is one of the most honest and no-bullshit people in the media.

I found a Q6 65 at Walmart for 1198. It's a little less on Amazon and Newegg but I wanted to see one of these things in person, in our living room and see what I thought about it and have an easy return option if I wasn't happy.

1. Everyone thought it was bright enough and bordering on too bright.

2. I can see where the black performance could be a little better, but I think it's more than adequate

3. Wife thought I was crazy until we got it set up - now she loves it and she likes the silver bezel and stand more than the black on the higher models.

4. I could return it and order it online for about $200 less (lower price, no tax). I seriously thought about that until I set it up. I'm a cheap bastard but these things are a pain in ass so... nope.

Back