Replacing faulty Z68X-UD4-B3?

LucasG

Gawd
Hey guys, until recently I've noticed my motherboard seems to be pretty fucked up. The thing is I live in Costa Rica and while I could probably RMA it, I've already done so, it takes a lot of time and I waste money which I don't want to.

The thing is it's been kinda like boot looping and restoring the BIOS to an older version as there seems to be some type of random crash or something like that which happens on certain occasions, for example after actually pressing the RESTART button the PC restarts, stays on a black screen for a few seconds, sounds as it's going to start then it shuts off again and does this repetedly until the motherboard shows back a restored BIOS (since I had upgraded to UEFI several times).

So I'm actually getting pretty tired and I'm willing to trash this thing and get a new one if I have to, my computer is a basic need in my household and work related stuff so I can't afford to keep wasting my time trying to figure out wtf is wrong with this motherboard forever.

I'm looking for a good mobo where I can OC my i2500K back to 4.5GHz and be ready for any future upgrades that might be coming. I'm hoping to not spend more than $130 or so. If it can be cheaper and still good, even better.

Not currently using SLI but would like to have it available if possible for future upgrades although I'm going to be changing my 570 for a 670/680 later rather than SLI right away, so I might be able to skip this requirement. Other than that, I don't really care as long as it's a quality mobo, good for OC'ing and is future-proof.

Back