Replacing fan on a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi

Opus131

Limp Gawd
Just bought this thing to add some light show on my newly acquired Meshify C, but i just discovered that the fan isn't actually RGB, but rather a white static light which can't even be turned off. This throws the entire color scheme i had for my PC out the window.

Question: any RGB fan out there that is at least comparable with the original in terms of temps/noise, or preferably better?

Ahh , yes - the fan surprise ..they don't highlight that in the brochure.

The second surprise is that you can't buy the exact fan to match for a push pull - I think the Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED also is afflicted .

The third issue with RGB is the spigots ..lets say I add some rgb fans to the Lumi or replace a 212 + with RGB ..you have RGB source issues . The Lumi runs off CAM hooked to USB mainboard connector . If I buy another RGB controller and hook the fans to it the Lumi and the fans are controlled from different sources and will not sync up . Even with a mainboard or case controller all the fans have to match brand/spec and connect .

Anyhow I went the other way with it . My black case has red ML 120 LED fans and set the Lumi to RED , breathe pattern . If I had a silver case like an N1 or a white case would have bought blue fans and set Lumi to blue .
Looks bad *ss and is very quiet .

Kenny

Back