Replacing Corsair AX 850 Gold

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Gentleman. I believe my psu has died after 6 years..

I really dont want to get into re doing all my cables with the purchase of a new power supply, and i need the same slots for my hardware.

I dont know much about pinouts, but maybe someone can tell me if a new Corsair psu can be installed and use the old cables from my AX850? If so, which model(s)?

Really could use the help guys

I really dont want to get into re doing all my cables with the purchase of a new power supply, and i need the same slots for my hardware.

I dont know much about pinouts, but maybe someone can tell me if a new Corsair psu can be installed and use the old cables from my AX850? If so, which model(s)?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

These have a 7 year warranty. Mine died last year and they replaced it.

I'll reach out to them, the funny thing though is I think I purchased in in June of 2012 if I remember correctly.

I got it to turn on again and then had sort of an epiphany as to what the cause might be...

I have been using wifi outlets for everything in my office for about 6 months so that when I'm not home I draw no power. I always make sure to shut down my computer and wait a few minutes before cutting the power to everything. I've been using my PC pretty infrequently lately, and I'm thinking that perhaps the power supply just has absolutely no juice because its not consistently receiving power from the wall. I left it plugged it with power going to it for a while, then turned on the PC and eventually it booted up. I'm going to leave power running to my PC for a few weeks and see if the issue happens again.

Anybody have any experience with these outlets causing problems?

thanks

Back