replacing a busted lcd

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
i gotta replace the LCD in my laptop, gravity decided to break it...
its a toshiba p505-s8980, i can seem to find a manual or anyhting to help me remove the brezel and whatnot, waitin on the new LCD to arrive but want to atleast figure out how to get it apart before it does

search google and if still not luck just start playying with it and get a egg crate to keep screws and parts separated

make sure to have couple bears or smoke or what ever before and after to ease the job and stress. GODSPEED my FRienDz.

looks like you have to just explore the inside see how it is

don't force parts too much, but some places might need a little force to get out

Chances are you will take off a plastic near the hinges and remove screws. Make sure to unplug the 1-2 plugs from the LCD and carefully remove the wires

I dont' know the particular model but my asus had a few screws and 2 plugs

Replacing a laptop LCD can range from "7 screws, 4 covers, and 3 wires" to "OMG I have to pull the fucking MOTHERBOARD to get to the screen?!". Dells are generally easy, toshiba and sony are fucking hard.

Find the service guide online, that'll walk you through it. Keep the screws separated and take static precautions. Good luck.

under the rubber pads there are screems normally 6 then the bezel snaps off with some force. be carefully and snap it slowly inch by inch before you pull it off. on the sides there will be metal bars attached to a hinge un screw the 4-8 screws and the panel should come out.remove the ribbon on the back carefully as well as the inverter on the bottom. Inverters are very fragile and snap in half easily. then to the reverse. fairly straight forward. I have replace so many lcd's i have lost count. dells, toshiba's, acers's, hp's gateways, etc.

TO ADD:

when pulling the bezel off pry it up from the inside where the screen is at out towards the edge. sometimes it is taped to the lcd it self making it harder. this requires lots o' force. just be careful and don't stress the plastic to much it will break easily.

Back