Replacement recommendations for Ti500 cooler

The King of Pants

[H]ard|Gawd
Just opened my old box to pop in a new HD and saw the fan on my trusty Visiontek GF3 Ti 500 had seized up. Anyone have a really good experience with replacement coolers on this card?

1) GF4s and GF3s have different mounting brackets on them. That cooler won't work.

2) Why pay $20 for a new cooler, when you can get a substantially more powerful card for so little more? Hell, NEW even, although you could really score some deals buying used parts from the 'For Sale/Trade' section of these forums - as pretty much anything *anybody* is selling will be faster than your current card.

i have the same exact card and noticed recently that my fan has stopped working as well. coincidence, or shoddy craftsmanship from visiontek?

Oh boy, was just about to flame... but then I saw he said GF3.....

Dont ask, my tired eyes saw GF4 :rolleyes:

When did the Ti500 come out? Well I just googled a Ti500 review and it shows Jan of 2002. Let's say that the fans they use have a lifespan of 30,000 hrs. That comes out to about 3 years and 5-6 months. How many times have you bought something that has actually lived it's expected life? I can tell you on this end, not very many times. That sucks that some of you have had the same problem recently, but it happens.

Why pay $20 for a new cooler, when you can get a substantially more powerful card for so little more? Hell, NEW even, although you could really score some deals buying used parts from the 'For Sale/Trade' section of these forums - as pretty much anything *anybody* is selling will be faster than your current card.

Mostly because this box is usually just file storage, it gets dragged out for he occasional LAN as a server but that's about it. I picked up the Ti500 at on a close out for like $40, so I’m not all that bent out of shape about it, interesting that several have dropped dead at about the same time though.

That Vantec looks pretty spiffy, was tempted to see if I could cram a VGA silencer in there but I think I’m going with this instead.

Back