replacement for Ryzen motherboard CPU mount bracket for AIO coolers - anyone use this?

Last edited:
It only works if your mounting system uses the clips. If you use a bolt through mechanism, you're SOL (in terms of using this bracket).

Personally, I wouldn't buy it, but if a couple degrees is worth $30 to you, then have at it.

I'm running the der8auer Ryzen 3000 OC bracket. I first installed with my existing H100i GTX and after several remounting attempts I was able to gain 2-3C better temps. I decided it was time to change my AIO to something better and I went with the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II and boy am I glad I did. My peak load temps are ~10C lower than with the H100i GTX.
I used this guys recommended screws as the included ones won't fit with the LF II AIO.

Heres how it sits on my system. If you look closely you can see the offset mount.

Attachments

• 20200831_134245.jpg
    20200831_134245.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 0
Looks like there are different versions of the bracket. The linked one above is the "AIO" version which essentially replaces the "clips." Where the other one is the "Custom" bracket which looks like it uses the 4 bolt backplate.

My comment above was directed toward the "AIO" version as this is the first time I've seen the other one.

Looks like there are different versions of the bracket. The linked one above is the "AIO" version which essentially replaces the "clips." Where the other one is the "Custom" bracket which looks like it uses the 4 bolt backplate.

My comment above was directed toward the "AIO" version as this is the first time I've seen the other one.
Yes, there are 2 versions. You need to order the Custom Water cooling bracket if your running a custom loop or your AIO does not use the OEM clip down style. The standard OC bracket will work with the air coolers and clip down style AIOs. Der8auer has a few videos on YouTube breaking all of this stuff down.

Back