Replacement for my EVGA 8800GTX Superclocked

DanniBoy

Limp Gawd
As the title says, I think my card is dead and working with EVGA tech support. In the mean time, do you guys know what card I could get that is similar to my current card performance if not better for the cheapest possible price? I am planning on getting a new system later and do not want to spend much money on the card replacement.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Did it have a lifetime warranty? Often they'll give you the current gen equivalent for your card if you send it in for RMA and they can't fix it. If not.... then maybe you can find a cheap 550ti?

Yes, it has lifetime warranty and I am hoping after going through their tech support I will be able to get a replacement. Just wanted to know what my options are in case I have to go buy one or if I can't wait for this entire RMA process to be done until I could use my computer again. I'll look into the 550ti. Thanks.

Yeah, I remember the pain of having everything sitting there waiting on a vga rma :( From a few comparisons I looked at the 550ti should be a good bit more powerful than the 8800gtx. New they're around $110-ish so maybe you could find a gently used one for $75 give or take!

If it died and you didn't take a blowtorch or something to it, they'll replace it. Just wait. Whatever you get will be substantially better than the 8800.

You will be pleasantly surprised at what you will receive from that RMA.

I'll wager a GTX 470 or 480.:D

wow, I was just about to throw away this same card (still holding onto it as it was my first video card purchase --i went big at the time:)). Bought it on ebay years ago and worked up until a capacitor broke off and it started displaying artifacts. Hope everything works out. I unfortunately didn't have lifetime warranty.

Yea, I'll wait and see what happens. I might just get a cheap card or a used 8800gtx later on if I get impatient so I can play games and if the RMA does go through I will have at least a back up card since I don't have any other GPUs around. Looks like newegg has the GTX550ti for $109 after MIR. But if that expires before I bite, how does the GTS 450 compare?

Hey OP, i just RMA'd a regular evga 8800gtx (768-P2-N831-AR) 2 weeks ago, and I got a 550ti (01G-P3-1556-KR) sent back to me, just received it yesterday. So it is very likely that you will receive the same.

I'm still testing out the card, definitely an improvement, I think it's about 50%? If you live in the US, your shipping time could be a lot less than mine (i'm in Canada)

Hey OP, i just RMA'd a regular evga 8800gtx (768-P2-N831-AR) 2 weeks ago, and I got a 550ti (01G-P3-1556-KR) sent back to me, just received it yesterday. So it is very likely that you will receive the same.

I'm still testing out the card, definitely an improvement, I think it's about 50%? If you live in the US, your shipping time could be a lot less than mine (i'm in Canada)

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for sharing the info!

I RMA'd a GTX 260 and got a GTX 460 1gb back. A 550ti sounds pretty sweet too!

I would recommend waiting and seeing what they send. If you can already afford another card wait to see what you get and order a second for SLi.

I'll wager a GTX 470 or 480.:D

I would say no higher than a 560ti actually

Man getting different card's must stuck for people that where running multiple gpu's.

usually they try to work with you if that happens.

Update guys, I went through the EVGA RMA process and now I have received a GTX 550ti. YAY! Back to gaming! Thanks everyone.

Back