Replacement Fan for Zalman 9500-LED?

wjogert

2[H]4U
Hey all,

I just purchased a Zalman 9500-LED from another [H]'er.
Got the copper all nice and shiny again, but noticed that the clear acrylic fan blade is all stress cracked and ready to disintegrate.

I sent an email to Zalman customer support, to inquire about a replacement fan, but several days later still no reply.

So, I'll ask here. Anyone know if and where I can purchase a replacement fan to fit this heatsink?

TIA :)

shouldn't you ask for the seller to cover the fees for the new fan? unless you bought it knowing the fan was cracked...

Awesome! Thanks!
Hmmm, they have the plain 'ol black and the blue-LED... but also a green-LED fan, too! Hmmm.

shouldn't you ask for the seller to cover the fees for the new fan? unless you bought it knowing the fan was cracked...

Technically, yeah, I should contact the seller. The fan condition was never disclosed. But, I figured I'd see how much the fans were first. $7.00 + shipping isn't bad (provided shipping isn't over-inflated). I may contact seller and "advise" him of issue and see if he volunteers to split cost of replacement.

Thanks again Instynx... I appreciate the link! :D

I'd grab the black fan. The blue LED on my Zalman always annoyed me, but some people like the 'bling.'

Now if they had a dim-ish red one...

Black is cheaper and not as susceptible to cracking as the clear acrylic. 2 points in favor.

Not knowing if this HSF will be used in a bling or non-bling setting, I may just get a black AND a green.
Blue is cool, but widely over-used (and abused)... so green could be refreshing.

I agree about the red. Violet would be sweet... really deep violet, like the shade of a black-light.

Back