replacement fan for the Cogage true Spirit?

I ran x21 and lower Bclk to get 3.8 for stability reasons. Couldn't use anything except 21.

That's interesting. I know it's fairly well documented that 19 and 21 multis are more stable than 20, but that still doesn't explain the mathmatical error, which is 21x190 = 3.99ghz and not 3.8 lol. 3.8ghz would be 21 x 181bclk.

So after the bracket last night, oc'ed to 3.7, ran prime for 5 hours, no errors, high temps of 63,62,62,62.

GTs are good radiator/heatsink fans but they are NOT all silent. They have a noticeable whine above 1200rpm, so get the 1150rpm model if you don't have a fan controller.

GTs are good radiator/heatsink fans but they are NOT all silent. They have a noticeable whine above 1200rpm, so get the 1150rpm model if you don't have a fan controller.

I'm almost certain a 1150rpm GT is not going to out push the stock TRUE Spirit Fan. If anything it may be a lesser fan at that speed due to the higher temps you'll get. It would be a waste unless your going for pure silence and absolutely no overclocking (or you have a chip that can OC well w/o adding any vcore).

Personally I like the background noise :) I have my mobo settings tuned to keep the CPU fan on turbo. However it would be nice to see some cooler temps since summer is coming....Seems like those GT's are going for about $15 + shipping/tax.

I'm almost certain a 1150rpm GT is not going to out push the stock TRUE Spirit Fan. If anything it may be a lesser fan at that speed due to the higher temps you'll get. It would be a waste unless your going for pure silence and absolutely no overclocking (or you have a chip that can OC well w/o adding any vcore).

+1. The 1150 verison is not going to be any better at cooling that the stock fan.

That's interesting. I know it's fairly well documented that 19 and 21 multis are more stable than 20, but that still doesn't explain the mathmatical error, which is 21x190 = 3.99ghz and not 3.8 lol. 3.8ghz would be 21 x 181bclk.

LOL you're right. I remember now using 181.

3 year bump!

My stock fan is no longer spinning.
What should I get that uses the stock clips and no mod needed?

HAHAH! Nice bump. Any 120mm should fit the clips fine. to my the yate loons are still good bang for your buck.

Ha, wow. Yeah, yate loons are good, but you have to make sure that you get the ones with the open screw holes (some of them have a solid tube between the screw holes which blocks the Cogage fan clips).

I still have my TRUE Spirit. It sits on my desk as a decoration. Water cooling blew it away though.

Back