Replacement fan for R9-Fury X

Xa3phod

Limp Gawd
Hey folks. I just put my rig into a new all glass case. The fan on the GPU isn't RGB and I would like to put something more colorful in. Would a Corsair SP120 RGB be a good replacement? Will it be better, equal, or worse performance and noise-wise?

Thanks for the help.

Corsair SP120 is not a high static pressure fan - or at least not as high as the original OEM Fury X fan (which is widely considered to be about the best 120MM fan there is for that type of radiator cooling purpose). Whether the corsair replacement fan works or not will be defined by how hard you push your GPU (do you overclock?) and how hot your radiator/case internals get. How much airflow does the rest of the case get?

I am not overclocking the GPU at this time, but obviously, I would prefer equal or superior to OEM cooling. Any suggestions on a replacement fan that is RGB that is compatible with the Corsair hub?

To be safe, you could keep the stock fan and add an rgb one on the other side. That's only if you think it would still be astetically pleasing.

(Though I think I think you'd probably be fine with the rgb fan, but I can't vouch for that)

Or you could get one of these:
23d3f2dd_3.jpeg

If you like snowflakes.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If I did that, you wouldn't get the RGB goodness on the inside of the case. Maybe RGB on the top of the case would be enough.

To be safe, you could keep the stock fan and add an rgb one on the other side. That's only if you think it would still be astetically pleasing.

(Though I think I think you'd probably be fine with the rgb fan, but I can't vouch for that)

Or you could get one of these:
23d3f2dd_3.jpeg

If you like snowflakes.

What is that case?!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
fg122-5.jpg

It ends up silverstone has recently released a non-snowflake version which would be a better looking solution than the old version. Might look better if diffused behind some tempered glass.

Link

Well, I did it. It turns out there is no way to get the power cable for the fan out of the Fury X unless you cut it. It just won't fit through the opening. So, I moved the stock fan to the outside and the RGB fan to the inside with a push/pull layout. Works great! At load, I was 9C lower than before. Looks great too!

Back