Repasting a gpu but need help on removing cover

buschman31

2[H]4U
I am wanting to do a repaste of HD7770 thats in a Dell XPS 8500 and just needing help on how do i remove the gpu cover .

Most AMD reference cards involve removing backplate screws (if they exist, usually Vega and newer), GPU X-bracket, PCB screws (can be any from a few to a lot) and I/O bracket screws.
Watch out for the fan cables and on some cards, LED cables that you may miss when trying to remove the PCB from the heatsink shroud. Some can be rather difficult to get out of the plugs, without very careful jimmying with a tiny flat head to slightly 'bend' the plug socket around the "tab" part of the socket, so the fit isn't as tight (careful!)

Most AMD reference cards involve removing backplate screws (if they exist, usually Vega and newer), GPU X-bracket, PCB screws (can be any from a few to a lot) and I/O bracket screws.
Watch out for the fan cables and on some cards, LED cables that you may miss when trying to remove the PCB from the heatsink shroud. Some can be rather difficult to get out of the plugs, without very careful jimmying with a tiny flat head to slightly 'bend' the plug socket around the "tab" part of the socket, so the fit isn't as tight (careful!)
You have to wonder just how these boards were assembled.

Back