repair asus p5k deluxe?

d50man

2[H]4U
My wife's asus p5k deluxe just poofed on a cold start looks like a fet burned out "nikos p3055ldg uep16628" anyone know a place to send the board to repair it for <$50

It has been a very good board and she mainly uses her laptop but i can't afford a newer setup @ the moment.

I think ebay is your best option, you can get another board for under $50. I doubt anyone would repair it for that.

I found a replacement transistor on ebay for $1

Might be worth it to whip out the old soldiering iron ;)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
maybe a 5-10 minute fix with a solder iron, some 60/40 rosin core and the smallest gauge magnet wire you can find you slide under the pads of the old chip, you could also probably get it off with a heat gun, a pair of tweezers some flux on the legs and kapton tape covering everything else.

Last edited:
Challenge accepted no what is the best option for a fine tipped heating element min are all pretty large general purpose tips.

Any chance of other components upstream or downstream also being damaged?

The fet I circled just barely melted in one tiny spot and let the magic smoke out.

Any chance of other components upstream or downstream also being damaged?

The fet I circled just barely melted in one tiny spot and let the magic smoke out.

You will probably find out depending on if it works or not when you replace the component. You can use a small chisel tip you can find, tin the tip well, flux the legs heat them up and pry it up with a dentel pick or something you can get in there.

You will probably find out depending on if it works or not when you replace the component. You can use a small chisel tip you can find, tin the tip well, flux the legs heat them up and pry it up with a dentel pick or something you can get in there.

just don't apply too much pressure, you can end up ripping the pad right off the PCB

My second favorite all time board, try it, you can always get another on ebay, I think I had the black pearl edition

I wonder what kinda references this guy has starting @$25 plus 2 ways shipping on me... might roll the dice.

Also, contacting ASUS for a quote via their repair department today.

Last edited:
I wonder what kinda references this guy has starting @$25 plus 2 ways shipping on me... might roll the dice.

Also, contacting ASUS for a quote via their repair department today.

I would avoid going through ASUS for anything. Their RMA/Repairs services are..... sketchy to put it nicely :(

Great board, I think I had P5K black premium, with a xeon 3210 quad. Purchased 2 of them eventually, oc'd from 2.13 stock to 3.6(normal OC), went to close to 4ghz but not totally stable there.

I'd give the 25.00 ebay deal a shot.

Great board, I think I had P5K black premium, with a xeon 3210 quad. Purchased 2 of them eventually, oc'd from 2.13 stock to 3.6(normal OC), went to close to 4ghz but not totally stable there.

I'd give the 25.00 ebay deal a shot.

Pretty sure the eBay board is not still around.. and the thread was form last year.

Back