Renpho Eye Massager

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

Not really a new product but might people might be interested who suffer from Computer Vision Syndrome. I picked one up off Amazon for 51.00 after coupon that was clickable. Does it work? It works wonders if you suffer from eyestrain I wouldn't use it everyday though.

Interesting.

I've never suffered from eye strain (thank god) but I'm having a difficult time every picturing any discomfort that would be helped by an "eye massage".

Question is, is it actually helpful or is it snake oil?

I used to write reviews for those crappy solutions looking for a problem. Of course, the review had to be positive or else, so I quit.

Anyway you're not supposed to fuck with your eyes in any way, or so my doctors said.
Sounds like a way to gradually develop a detached retina or a bad heart rhythm, as there is this nerve in that area that when stimulated mechanically lowers your heart rate.
It's why hiding your face in your hands and doing that massaging motion feels relaxing.

Some eye tips, though:
Look out your window often, preferably at some very distant object. It relaxes the muscles in your eyes.
Do those little exercises at least once a day - look up, down, left, right, or in a circular motion. Rapidly blink for a few seconds every now and then.
Use artificial tears, or try Euphrasia eye drops. Make sure your screen is not brighter than the ambient you see out of the corner of your eyes - a backlight is very beneficial to avoid contrasts that cause the iris to become tired of opening and closing.

Too bad brightness control isn't a thing.
The lowest setting on some screens is like staring at the sun, and I'm not talking about cheap ones either... :/

Edit: I should say, the last few phones I've had weren't bad.

Fun Fact:

Your eyes have their own immune system. If your bodies immune system ever found out about your eyes, it would attack them as a foreign invader.

Anyway you're not supposed to fuck with your eyes in any way, or so my doctors said.
Sounds like a way to gradually develop a detached retina or a bad heart rhythm, as there is this nerve in that area that when stimulated mechanically lowers your heart rate.
I know two people who recently had retinal tears from massaging their eyes. They are now effectively blind in one eye and totally miserable.

Don't rub your eyes.

I used to write reviews for those crappy solutions looking for a problem. Of course, the review had to be positive or else, so I quit.

It's why hiding your face in your hands and doing that massaging motion feels relaxing.
This device would absolutely not cause a detached retina and it seems to be recommended for use in 15 minute intervals as needed; so reducing heart rate by stimulation of the vagus nerve is a fine way to do so. Most people use drugs for this.

Bit too dramatic.

I, on the other hand, only ever got them from LCDs.

Same here when I used to use them way back.

I have been legally blind in both eyes since early 2013. Glaucoma and cataracts in both eyes,and a more recently diagnosed(2019) detaching retinal wall in my left eye. My current desktop uses a black background with bright orange text and fonts set to 150%,as typical white and black gives me a type of snow blindness. I would not trust this device on my eyes.

This thing really works for the first few days I was worried cause it really loosen up my eye muscles at work I coudn't control how I usually look though my glasses after like 4 days at work and some cell phone use I can honestly say it's for the better.
Alot less eyestrain at work which in many people's cases results in more stress cortisol and gaining weight.

The thing is though I woudn't use this all time. I would say once a year or every six month would be good enough.

Back