Renegade-X mod for UT3 gets Sept. 30 release date

This mod + The Haunted (I think that is what it is called) make me want to buy UT3. Even though I never played the original game, this looks awesome...for someone to take this much time to develop something like that is amazing. And the sad fact is, mods are generally ignored...and I know the UT3 community isn't big from having it a year ago or so.

Yes! I can't believe it. This is gives me a reason to buy UT3 now yay!:D

Bump :D Anyway, I'm toad from Tsunami Gaming, and we are planning on hosting a server for Renegade X, so get in there and get some games with us ;)

Also, if you have a clan or group of friends, Tsunami Gaming is offering free webspace, forum space, and a TS channel. If you use iRC, you can also join in there. www.tsugaming.com

Does it work with the steam versions of UT3? Do I just save it to the folders in steamapps?

Does it work with the steam versions of UT3? Do I just save it to the folders in steamapps?

From the Ren-X forums credit to xCommando

For those who have downloaded UT3 from steam, which is called UT3 Black, and are having trouble getting Ren X to work; I finally solved my problems and got it to work so I'll tell you what I did.

Apparently if you downloaded UT3 BLACK you don't need to download any patches or anything, just the Beta Installer. So once you have UT3 Black, it should be in your User>Documents>MyGames Folder. If it isn't you must get it there.(Mine wasnt so I moved it and thats what got it working. Along with the rest.)

First what you do is install the renx beta to your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade . Has to be like that. Then after it installs you go into your C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder and right click your UT3.exe and create a shortcut and put it on your desktop. Then, right click that shortcut and add the old: " -mod=..\Renegade -solomod" to the end of it, like this: "C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\Renegade -solomod . NOTICE there is a space after .exe" and before -mod , that has to be there. after you add that click accept, then okay and from there you should be good to go. Just click the server client, join a server and it should work. If it doesn't sorry that's all I know, it got mine workin.

i installed it but cant figure out how to play, instant action is not the renegade game and i cant find any servers, it brings up the normal UT3 servers,

GUI needs a lot of work.

go to this forum page

http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=2981

how to connect to a server is listed int he first post. (forum requires a registration)

EDIT: for thos eof you that dont wanna register, although you should here is the directions on how to find servers. Copied and pasted from the post, you should still register and check out the rest of the info int hat post though

How to Join a server

Renegade X Beta Version 0.35 is a multiplayer-only mod. Although you can play the mod in "Instant Action" mode offline, no AI are currently available. That feature will be released in a later beta. Therefore, you need to be connected to the internet to play with this mod with others. There are two ways to join a server:

1) Load "Renegade-X.exe" in the Renegade folder after you install the mod. It will launch a server client program, where you will see the available servers listed. Refresh the list if necessary. Simply set up your screen name at the bottom of the client, click on the server you wish to join, and click the "Join Server" button. Make sure the file path under "UT3.exe Location" is correct before joining the server.

*NOTE: The server client does not always show the right amount of players. This will be fixed asap.

2) If for whatever reason you are unable to join a server with the "Renegade-X.exe" server client program, there is a secondary way to join a Renegade X server. Launch your Renegade X shortcut, login to your multiplayer account, click "Multiplayer", then click "Join Game". Once on that screen, press F10. This should launch a console. Then, simply type the word "open" in the console (no quotations), followed by a space, and the IP of the server you wish to join. Then hit enter, and it should take you straight to the server. Make sure the server IP is correct - you can find the IPs to the official servers on http://www.renegade-x.com/forums

Please make sure the mod is fully and properly installed before attempting to join a server. If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to voice your problems at our official forums. http://www.renegade-x.com/forums

Renegade X OFFICIAL Servers

Our official server IPs are as follows:

Renegade-X.com Official USA Server: COMING SOON, WILL BE UPDATED WITHIN 24 HOURS
Official RenX Beta Server(borgamers.com): COMING SOON, WILL BE UPDATED WITHIN 24 HOURS
[OFFICIAL]Renegade-X UK Server #1: 78.129.164.83:7777
[OFFICIAL]Renegade-X UK Server #2: 78.129.164.70:7777
[OFFICIAL]Renegade-X UK Server #3: 78.129.164.69:7777
[OFFICIAL]Renegade-X UK Server #4: 78.129.164.67:7777

also zarni, are you saying I need to copy all my game files to the user/documents/mygames folder or just install the mod there? or can you use the game files where steam installed the game?

Last edited:
My God. . . What have they done.

Time to scrounge up $20 so I can buy UT3 off steam. . .

wow, im sure the mod is great but It refuses to work for me (and lots of others as well). They definatly need to fix some problems with it, guess thats why its a beta lol

2 common problems seem to be

a) using the front end loader (renegade x server client) it bring you to the main menu and drops your fps to like 5 and wont let you do anything

b) you try and load it by entering the ip address manually from in the game and it crashes to desktop while loading the server

The game works great on instant action but theres no bots so your playing by your self lol

go to this forum page

http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=2981

how to connect to a server is listed int he first post. (forum requires a registration)

EDIT: for thos eof you that dont wanna register, although you should here is the directions on how to find servers. Copied and pasted from the post, you should still register and check out the rest of the info int hat post though

also zarni, are you saying I need to copy all my game files to the user/documents/mygames folder or just install the mod there? or can you use the game files where steam installed the game?

I wish I could help more, however all I did was copy paste the the text from that forum. My UT3 install is off a DVD and not steam.

On another note- I did get to play a little last night and it was pretty fun. only issues I had were with textures disappearing on the weapons.

ya I disvovered on windows 7 if you run the game in windows XP SP2 mode it works for me. Games pretty fun. T he populated server is in the UK and lags like crazy. Rest of the servers dont get much trafic yet so You kinda have to deal with bad lag

Being a fan of the original C&C Renegade, I have been waiting for this game FOREVER!

Yeah i know the game is a beta, but the current beta has really let me down. I would have rather of waiting for the full release. It's very buggy, very incomplete and I don't necessarily agree with a few of the "improvements" that they have done to this game over the original.

If you are interested in this game and don't yet own UT3. I would say hold off from the purchase until a better build it released. That is unless you like submitting bug requests every 2 seconds.

the mod is pretty buggy right now but it is a public FREE beta. not like those "free" fileplanet beta's or something. It exactly why thye put this out there, to find these things.

And from what i see the devs are working on all the bugs being reported and are trying to get a new patch out quickly to fix there problems

Huge fan of the orginal C&C renegade and this mod is definitely a disappointment so far. Wait for more updates before trying out the mod, as its more of an alpha build at this point.

The Mod has pretty graphics, but that's about it. Tons of glitches, unbalanced, missing characters........ base destruction doesn't even work.

yeah the game looks like it could be really good, but has a plethora of bugs, first of all how could they even release something that is so difficult to find a game to play in? the main menu of the game is all messed up.

this is pretty much an alpha build.

Back