removing gpo'd software

ne0-reloaded

[H]ard|Gawd
does anyone know if it's possible to tell a gpo what password to use when uninstalling software? we have symantec installed via a gpo, and id like for it to automatically be uninstalled if the pc is removed from the domain. the problem is symantec asks for a PW when uninstalling. if anyone knows how to do this, plz post

thanks

The only way I've gotten it to work is to remove password requirement for uninstall in Symantec System Center (or whatever it's called, it's been a while). If the app is installed via a GPO, if it gets uninstalled, it will be reinstalled on next boot. Besides, you have to be an administrator to uninstall the application. I hope your users don't have admin priveledges.

it'll only get reinstalled if it's joined back to the domain. unfortunately, users do have local admin access, but thats out of my hands honestly. their've been talks, but i dont think its gonna happen anytime soon.

thanks for reply though

ne0-reloaded said:
it'll only get reinstalled if it's joined back to the domain.
Any software that is assigned to a machine will get reinstalled if removed by a local administrator. The system will check and install the software at boot.

MorfiusX said:
Any software that is assigned to a machine will get reinstalled if removed by a local administrator. The system will check and install the software at boot.

i misunderstood u. i thought u meant even if the machine is removed from the domain, it'll be reinstalled after a reboot.

i understand what u mean tho, it's the way the gpo's cse works.

Back