Removed domain controller from 2008 server, profile is messed up

rpeters83

Gawd
I removed the domain controller role from my windows 2008 server and now my Administrator profile is messed up. I'm a newbie with active directory so I only toyed with it for a little.

There is a second user profile in C:\Users\ now. My Administrator folder, as well as a new Administrator.devserver, where devserver was the name of the domain I used for the DC.

Basically, whenever I log in, it's using Administrator.devserver (C:\Users\Administrator.devserver) instead of my normal account folder (C:\Users\Administrator). How can I get this back to normal? This is urgent. Thanks!!!

That's the problem I've had with Windows 2008 server. If your administrator account name is the same as the domain admin name, then when you type "administrator" in the user field, Windows will automatically change the login to "domain" instead of "workgroup" under the password field. It's an annoyance.

You have to include the computer name when logging in as Administrator.

As with domain\administrator, type computername\administrator instead in the user field.

Create a secondary administrator account(different name). Then nuke the old profile from system->advanced->user profiles

Back