Remove Hard drive..WHAT!?

Landyin

Weaksauce
i jsut got my computer up and running, and i was installing the drivers for everything. and after i installed the MoBo drivers, it wouldn't restart. i had to manually boot it...and when it started up, in the right hand corner it said "Safley Remove Hardwear". I click on it, and its my SATA Hard Drive! So now my computer wants to uninstall the harddrive. what the HECK do I do about this!? specs are:

MSI K8N Neo Plat.
7200.7 Barracuda 120GB SATA
x800 Pro
SB Audigy ZS
Athlon 64 3200+
NEC 2510A DVD R/RW
Antec 430W TruePower
WinXP Pro

Oh, and it takes about 5 minutes just to shut down. which is not right for a system that fast.

First off do you have the newest SATA controller drivers? If not update them and see if the problem persists.

tried that little Floppy that came with the motherboard about the SATA stuff...but it didn't do anything. I even tried doing it at the beginning of install when you hit F6, but at that point the computer didn't detect a floppy drive for some reason, so couldn't do it there.

I'm talking about the drivers in Windows. Go to www.msi.com.tw and find the newest SATA drivers, download and install them. See if the new drivers solve the problem.

Back