Remove boot menu option for Windows XP 64-bit?

Stellar

[H]ard|Gawd
I formatted the partition that I was running XP64 on and I want to revert to using XP Pro primarily, however after post I still recieve the black screen with two choices for Windows XP Professional... how do I rid of this?

I've already tried "FIXMBR" at the command prompt in the Windows Recovery Console using the install CD, nothing changed.

Thanks,
~Eric

edit the boot.ini. Where it says timeout=30, change it to 0 and you wont see the boot screen. Or you can remove the line that refers to the 64 bit partition.

Did a Search (including Hidden and System files) and nothing came up for "boot.ini", am I missing something?

Bump.

Yes, you missed it. It is on the root of your C: drive. Since it is a small file, I've posted below what the Windows XP Pro file should contain. Be careful though, this is for my hardware setup single drive setup, if you run your multiple drives, your disk, rdisk, or partition could be different.

Hope this helps,
Slacky
-------
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

or just change the option for it:

controll panel - system - advanced - startup and recovery

at least that works in 2k, 98 etc, XP too i think

phishstix said:
or just change the option for it:

controll panel - system - advanced - startup and recovery

at least that works in 2k, 98 etc, XP too i think

That did the trick, thanx guys!

Back