Remove all Metro apps except...

I can find something that lets me remove basically all metro apps, but we actually want to hold onto a couple. Namely, calculator and camera.
Unfortunately, I've not found anything on how to remove all apps except more than one. I've got something that can remove all but Store, and I can adapt that to one or the other, but I want it to keep both.

Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Where Name -NotLike "*WindowsStore*" | Remove-AppXPackage
Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Where DisplayName -NotLike "*WindowsStore*" | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

I'd prefer something like this over removing app by app, as there are a bunch of unsolicited apps finding their way into Windows (Candy Crush, Twitter, etc.) month to month.

Any suggestions?

CCleaner "uninstall" tool allows you to remove the modern UI apps - all of them.

One thing to note is that you need to make sure they are all up to date before removing. I've noticed in the past if you uninstall an app when an update is in queue it just reinstalls. So before you do this, open store and go into downloads and updates and make sure all updates are done, then remove the apps.

I had noticed that 10Apps, but it's missing a bunch of things such as the Cnady Crush stuff, Skype Video, Twitter, etc. New stuff that's getting pushed.

All the apps that you specifically mention can be uninstalled through the UI, no need for any scripts or tools.

Still, setting up multiple machines a day, especially once we roll out 10 in higher quantities, that script would be much more useful.

I can't think that it'd be hard to set it up to ignore (a, b, c) while removing everything, I just don't know the code to do it

Last edited:
how to set up a script like the one I listed above that can exclude a certain list (camera, calculator, photos). I'm not sure how to do the "all but <list>"

Back