(Remote Desktop setup) Can I boot without password?

PacknHeat

Limp Gawd
I am trying to setup Remote Desktop. I am following this walk through.

It says, "Type in the name of a user on the Remote Desktop Host computer. Note that this user must have a password. If you usually log into the host computer without a password, you must create a password for that account to use it with Remote Desktop. They do this for security reasons."

I do not use a password when booting up because I'm disabled and cannot use a keyboard. I use a on screen keyboard for typing and auto click program which loads after Windows loads up.

Could someone please tell me if and how I can assign a password to my XP user name, but boot up without having to enter it?

Thanks for helping. :)

I don't think this can be done. The user definetly HAS to have a password. Otherwise anybody who knows your IP and username can log into your computer.

so, the only option to look at here is how we can make it able for you to enter in the password on your computer. Is the onscreen keyboard thing your using the one included with windows?

Other than creating some sort of script and haxoring your startup files to make the script enter the password and logon to the machine automatically, I dunno.

I would check and see if TweakUI can do this. I know in previous Windows versions you could configure an automatic login. Also, it may be possible to configure this natively, I know in Win2k it was possible.

Back