Remote Desktop connection problems

Florin22xxl

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,
I am having trouble loging into my home computer using RDP from work.
I am using the correct external IP to connect,however i get an error that it can't connect.
I can connect from my phone on 4G just fine using the same ip and user with the android RDP app.
I used to be able to log few weeks back,i haven't made any changes lately to my computer so i have no ideea why i can't connect.
Runing windows 10.
Port 3389 is enabled also from my router.
Any suggestions on what i should check next would be apreciated.

You can try paping to test a ping on that port 3389 to see if its open from the work PC

You can try paping to test a ping on that port 3389 to see if its open from the work PC
I was using TeamViewer untill it started to detect corporate activity and now it won't stay loged for more than 30 seconds...i guess because i am using it from work it detected that i am using it for corporate work.

Reactions: JoK
like this
Try ping on rdp ports or maybe a port scan to see if blocked. If so maybe something like vnc will still work or you might be able to change your remote pc to use an open port. I had the same issue with teamviewer but the have a way to unlock through a form, but you have to send a log.

you can try something like tight vnc, just with some firewalls you will need to download the security module plugin.

I just checked and ports 3389 and a lot of other ports seem to be blocked at my work place.
Would having these ports blocked at my work place block me from accesing my home network where i have ports 3389 opened?

Your work could be blocking those ports and likely is if the connection works from your phone. You can change the rdp port on your home pc via regedit to get around it (or use port triggering if your router supports it.).

you can try changing your listening port : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control, Terminal Server, WinStations and RDP-Tcp

Installed VNC and got it to connect.
So far so good,but how do i get it to show only one screen at a time :eek: it's showing all my 3 screens and one big rezolution.
I want just one screen full screen at a time.
Using the free version of VNC.

Back