Remote BOINC monitoring

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Is their anything for BOINC similar to HFM.net that will allow you to upload a report/status to a web page for remote viewing?

I know BOINCTasks has something for mobile phones, but I'm not thrilled with it's GUI. I can't see everything.

I never used HFM nor BOINCtaks, but what are you missing ... I'm still contemplating to make my own app for iOS geeky as I am. Not sure about android.

My rough plan is to allow ssh-in multiple Boxen (or one jump-host) and collect information and visualize in native UI. Plus some basic config changes. Because that's what i need for myself. I hate it at lunch time Or quick anytime to not been able to see how the Boxen are doing right now.
I'm still extreme busy in RL, but spending some brain cycles for thinking, conceptualizing and planning.

What would be some of your user-requirements ?

Everyone else's UR are welcomed too.

I want something that I can view;

Current active tasks per computer/host.
Pending tasks per computer/host.
Project status per computer/host.

BOINCTasks does all this very well, but I can only view the complete information when I am sitting at my computer and open the program. They have a web/mobile setting that allows you to connect to the software remotely on your phone. The only problem is that it doesn't show all the information. It's like it wants to show it all, but it can only show what the screen can display and no way to scroll left/right to view them all.

It also automatically updates in real time what's going on and gives you the option to control/manage the hosts. Again, this is cumbersome because you can't see everything. I'm not too concerned with controlling everything.

Mostly I want to be able to glance at a page and see that everything is still rocking and doesn't need my attention.

That's exactly what the mobile/phone thing does when I connect to BOINCTasks remotely with my phone.

I can only view what a portion of all the details. I can't scroll left/right to see it all.

So like on the page where it shows the tasks. I can only see the first two and a partial of the third columns. No way to scroll right to view the rest of the columns.

Screenshot_2017-05-26-18-02-13.png

What happens when you rotate your device...lol. Perhaps contact efmer and see if he can fix that.

It shows a little more, but still not all of it.

how about this ?

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 19.53.21.png

oh look, it peacefully show BOINC and FAH in one screen ... :)

opps, not yet via web

Back