Remnant 2 (sequel to Remnant: From the Ashes)

So hyped on this one. The first was fantastic and if you haven't tried it definitely check it out.

BTW I like that it's still in der8auer's GPU benchmarks.

1670618803426.png

Last edited:
So hyped on this one. The first was fantastic and if you haven't tried it definitely check it out.

it was free on the Epic Store some time back and I picked it up but still haven't played it yet...I definitely need to make some time for this (especially now that the sequel has been officially announced)

it was free on the Epic Store some time back and I picked it up but still haven't played it yet...I definitely need to make some time for this (especially now that the sequel has been officially announced)
Yeah, as a Dark Souls fan I'd think you'd especially take to it, and it's often referred to as "Gun Souls". It's fun solo but it really shines in co-op - even the public matchmaking I always found cool players.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the first one so I’ll be getting this for sure.

Reactions: DPI
like this
The first one was a ton of fun, so I'm down for more. Looks like they were a little "inspired" by Heisenberg from RE:Village.

Release window is narrowed down to summer this year.
I'd been trying to avoid any gameplay or preview footage since this game is one of my most anticipated, but this new reveal video of the Handler class sucked me in because of the canine companion.

Overall this game is looking fantastic in what looks like carrying forward some of the best aspects of the underrated first Remnant game, then fleshing it all out more and making everything better (skills trees and perks, map sizes, environments, enemy variations). It's very apparent it's a bigger team with a bigger budget.

Last edited:
I'd been trying to avoid any gameplay or preview footage since this game is one of my most anticipated, but this new reveal video of the Handler class sucked me in because of the canine companion.

Overall this game is looking fantastic in what looks like carrying forward some of the best aspects of the underrated first Remnant game, then fleshing it all out more and making everything better (skills trees and perks, map sizes, environments, enemy variations). It's very apparent it's a bigger team with a bigger budget.

It looks SO good! and this trailer shows it's coming out this summer! Gonna be a big summer for releases!

Fido will fight off the Evil Hordes of Mutants. I liked the 1st game but only the early levels the later levels got too weird and confusing the first DLC was ok though.

Might be a sleeper hit but the gameplay is going to be the same. The only part I really like about the 1st game were the 1st 2 levels.

I enjoyed the gameplay in the first one. My main complaint was how the scaling was based on your highest piece of equipment. You were stuck weapon wise unless you wanted to grind for a bunch of materials to make the rest of your weapons the same level.

Also they nerfed a few builds early on that felt powerful and after that I never really connected with a build and stopped playing.

I basically did one and a half play throughs and then was done. But it was still one of my favourite games that year.

i'm excited for this because the first game was really solid, it just needed more of everything basically, and that's exactly what this seems to be. definitely a day one purchase for me

This is now right around the corner. I think the fancy pre-order bundle access goes live this weekend. With Diablo 4 starting to bore me, the timing for this release works great. Hopefully the game ends up being as cool as their intro videos.

I’m out of town this weekend so I guess that saves me from supporting bad industry practices as I would have probably gotten the head start version. I’ll just wait for the standard version on Tuesday and hope impressions are good over the weekend.

They announced a new class and IGN has some gameplay footage.
I'm getting the vibe that Hunter + Gunslinger will be the best archetype combo.

Last edited:
They announced a new class and IGN has some gameplay footage.
I'm getting the vibe that Hunter + Gunslinger will be the best archetype combo.

Meh looks like a clunky Destiny they played around with level design so you get lost. Outriders looks better

Everything I've seen from the various videos looks killer. At this point it's just going to come down to performance + QA/QC. As long as they didn't rush or half-ass this, it seems amazing.

I'm so looking forward to this, played the heck out of the first one on console and PC.

Edit: Pre-ordered for PS5, that's where my friends are at...

Last edited:
Meh looks like a clunky Destiny they played around with level design so you get lost. Outriders looks better

No this statement tells me you never even played the first one. Remnant 1 was WAY better than Outriders. I found Outriders to be complete trash, thank GOD it was on gamepass. Remnant 2 looks like a fantastic followup to the first and I am ready to buy.

Back