Remember when you had to erase things from your hard drive because it was too full?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you were afraid of buying a new game because it would fill your hard drive? :rolleyes:

Screw that noise. I remember when my cassette deck started having problems so I was constantly worried whether it was going to chew up and break the tape on one of my game cassettes. Now that is a real worry!

Also, I have about 600GB of space total on my PC and I could fill it all up with game installs just using the 25% of my PC game collection that I have on the shelf by my PC right now. I would be entirely hosed if I tried to install the stuff on the three shelves in the extra bedroom upstairs as well. So space is still an issue unless I decide to pick up a couple 750GB drives.

I'm still kinda primitive when it comes to storage capacity.

Only got me an 80GB drive in my machine. lol

But it suits me fine as I don't tend to have dozens of games or movies or anything like that taking up space all the time.

I try very hard not to.

I paid $1000 for the first 1GB IDE hard drive ($1/MB :mad: ). The need to load dynamic drive overlays to allow the full size to be recognized as a single drive. The other alternative was to run with a dozen partitions.

Even farther, back I do vaguely remember getting my first hard drive and thinking to myself, "How am I ever going to fill up 20MB?". IIRC that drive was around $400, so $20/MB. My dad was the one that got screwed on paying for that one though. :p

Since I don't hoard video, I have a hard time filling up what I have today and see no need to upgrade short of hard disk failure or Blu-ray/HD-DVD games. Things are definitely better today. I like technology outpacing my usage habits for a change.

Screw that noise. I remember when my cassette deck started having problems so I was constantly worried whether it was going to chew up and break the tape on one of my game cassettes. Now that is a real worry!

Also, I have about 600GB of space total on my PC and I could fill it all up with game installs just using the 25% of my PC game collection that I have on the shelf by my PC right now. I would be entirely hosed if I tried to install the stuff on the three shelves in the extra bedroom upstairs as well. So space is still an issue unless I decide to pick up a couple 750GB drives.

What the hell? Does your game collection just consist of multiple copies of Tomb Raider: Legend and Oblivion? 600 gigs?

If I havent played a game in 6 months, I most likely will not play it anytime in the near future. I delete them when I need space. Nothing like cleaning out clutter.

I still remove games I don't play just to try and keep my install clean. I hate having programs on my computer that I never use.

Im rocking a 20gb and an 80gb drive atm. The 20gig is just for OS and needed programs, so its only about half full. The 50 gig is where all the games, movies, and music go. right now it has about 50gigs worth of games and music. I just cleared 30 gigs of movies onto DVD's so that i could *ahem* acquire more. That reminds me, I need to clean that drive off, that thing has so much crap on it its not even funny. About 20 gigs worth of junk i dont even use. Time to reformat :)

my 250 gigs get filled pretty fast if i dont take care....but i remember the 40gig rig i had (and still have) that one was almost always full :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back