Remember Me

Mike89

Gawd
Don't know if a thread about this game has been posted already but for me this game was quite good. A futuristic sci fi type game with a pretty good atmosphere.

I'll be getting this sometime next week. How does it compare to DXHR or the Mass Effect series?

Don't really know how to compare it to those. I liked DXHR/Missing Link (still have both on my computer) and Mass Effect 3 (which is the only one of that series I still have on my computer). I keep games on my computer that I know I will still play and get rid of the rest. All those mentioned will stay (and about 40 others). I've played Remember Me twice already and I know I will play it more (as the others). It's good enough to be on my "keep" list. Of course results may vary as no two people see the same game the same way.

It's more like the most current Batman games than Deus Ex, outside of setting of course.

Saw it on Steam one day over the past few weeks, and I was very excited about the premise. Went to some of the gameplay videos on youtube, and for some reason it left me feeling lukewarm afterward. Like a lot of the gameplay is more scripted with quicktime events (which I hate) vs. freeform action.

Then again, I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and I guess it's a very similar sort of gameplay.

I also had a very lukewarm response to the game both during and after playing through it. The gameplay, to me, alternated between wall-climbing and combat that amounted to left/right clicking in a predetermined tempo. The "remix" mechanic you see in videos really only happens 3-4 times and the process is a tad linear.

The plot was interesting but, to me, had the potential to be amazing.

I've never played Arkham Asylum so I don't know how it compares.

It's ambitious at the expense of quality level design and combat. The world looks nice, and remixing memories is fun, but the game holds your hand far too much, there's little in the way of exploration and combat is shallow and cheap.

Excellent game especially in 3D. Had a blast playing through it. 8.5/10.
Also main character's ass is the best that has been created in gaming, even better than Lara Croft. In 3D it is too good... :p

Excellent game especially in 3D. Had a blast playing through it. 8.5/10.
Also main character's ass is the best that has been created in gaming, even better than Lara Croft. In 3D it is too good... :p

Actually, it is considerably well done. :p

If only 3D didn't make my eyes hurt like a mofo...

My review from the thread in the PC section:

Just complete it. Great game. Really nothing that I can complain about in all honesty. Wasn't the most polished game in certain areas but for what it set out to do it was very good. Good characters, awesome graphics (never stopped impressing), interesting story, and responsive controls.

Over all I'd give it the following scores:

Gameplay - 7 out of 10

Great game when you look at it through it's main story as there really isn't anything outside of the main story line to put it simply. The game is definitely linear as there really is no exploring to be had but it never really felt linear unless you really looked for it. Levels felt large thus giving me the feeling that the areas of play and travel were larger than they were. Really not knocking it here though as most games are this way. Just don't really expect much in exploration at all. There are memory remix parts that are extremely cool in which you enter someones memories and remix them to make them remember or believe something different. Fighting and platforming were done very well. I can say the fighting was Batman Arkham Asylum/City like and never once had an issue with how it performed. Platforming was very good, right up there with Tomb Raider in it's quality, though the camera angles didn't really agree with your position 100% of the time. Over all nothing really new here but what it does it does well.

Story - 7 out of 10

Story could be a little more fleshed out here and there. Would definitely love to see a book series based off the game...there's a lot to talk about in this futuristic world. In the end it was something new and something fresh, just not as deep as I would have liked. That's all I can really say without giving too much away.

Graphics - 9 out of 10

Granted there is no DX11 or anything, but the lighting, shadowing, textures, and level designs are superb. Not once during the entire game was I able to really "get used" to the graphics...they just kept impressing me and surprising me. Unreal Engine 3 based, but there's no way I could tell that. Looks more like a Crytek game than anything. Top notch everywhere you look.

Sound - 10 out of 10

Voice acting was great with no drop or lack in quality. Environmental sounds were very well done and the sound track is very gripping. Surround sound worked great with very accurate directional audio. Simply don't see how they or anyone else could make the sound better.

Controls - 9 out of 10

Nearly flawless. Played using a PS3 controller via Bluetooth on my PC and except for the very uncommon failed jump the controls worked perfectly. Very responsive, very accurate, and not once did I experience that "No don't aim at that! No don't go that way!" etc.

Although the game isn't ground breaking in any way there is a lot to like with this game and definitely some new experiences. This game being this studios first major title I can certainly say that they have done a much better job than a majority of first timers. Good game through and through with very little to complain about. Definitely looking forward to what the developers of this game have planned for the future.

Over all I'd give Remember Me a solid 7.5 out of 10.

I've played about 3 hours so far. The graphics and gameplay are preetty fun. Don't know if the fighting/combos will get redundant after awhile but its fun to mix up combo styles.

The whole memory thing is a neat concept as well. I'm finding it just as enjoyable as tomb raider.

I enjoyed this game a great deal. The world really draws you in and it was very exciting to me to follow the twisting (though somewhat predictable) story. It's one of my favorite games this generation, despite so many critics bashing it for being "linear". I am of the opinion that I would like to be taken on a ride and I don't wish to whittle away hour after hour in a sandbox. If I do, there are other games for that.

You can tell that the writers and artists were really in charge here. I felt as if the game favored style over substance, and parts of the gameplay are rough, but it was a truly enjoyable twelve or so hours.

In short, I felt like I was playing through a Philip K. Dick novel.

I picked it up about a month ago at full price and regretted it myself. As interesting as the setting looked the combat was far too shallow and repetitive with a bunch of QTEs to hold my interest for more than 10 minutes. After that it just became a dull slog to the finish line to complete it and delete.

I think the most redeeming factor for me was just killing the subjects during the remixes fiddling with the different options but the controls for it was pretty frustrating with keyboard and mouse trying to scrub back and forth.

Tried it. I hated the combat but loved the memory remixes. Wound up trading it in for cash since I wasn't getting anywhere while fighting against Kid X-mas.

I'm resurrecting this thread because this game is VERY COOL & the earlier comments are spot on!

I got it on sale for $6 & it's been sitting in my Steam backlog for a long time...

I'm really happy to have found this gem. I played 2 episodes yesterday in about 3 hours.

I was exploring everything & wandering around like a wide eyed kid gawking at the weirdness!

This is a very "Blade Runner" looking game world in the slums - with "I, Robot" style droids on 'roids in wealthy 'hoods.

The memory capture & remix story concept captured my interest - just like the guys up above wrote...

Similar to comments above, there are some crappy KB / mouse & controller issues, but I'll deal with it.

I just want to see WTF is coming next! :)

Remember Me Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 - Rebirth - YouTube

Back