Remember in 2015 we will turn it around... #nopreorders

Why are you upset?

He's the one that came in spouting about how he's going to pre-order just to spite us because he'll be damned if someone tells him what to do with his money...maybe you should ask him that question. I'm not mad at all.

There is a clear and distinct difference between not agreeing with something and saying it didn't make sense. I would suggest you learn the difference.

Several people responded to you explaining why it didn't make sense, and yet you continue to just say the same line over and over and over...

My next preorder will be Resident Evil Revelations 2, and then I'll preorder GTA 5 :)

I generally do not preorder unless it is for a collectors or special edition that will not be available later for retail price. I made one preorder so far for a Majora's Mask Special Edition New 3ds xl which I would not be able to get otherwise without paying Ebay shill price.

Last game I pre-ordered was Mass Effect 3, because it was a "safe bet," and also to get Battlefield 3 for free. Otherwise... I don't pre-order. Bad idea paying any amount for goods or services not rendered.

Id love to see quality of games to turn back around! Getting a game thats complete out the door I would instantly sink in a lot of hours!

I haven't preordered a game in years. Plenty of games in the backlog, and there is always a sale to be had if you can wait a few weeks.

I have yet to see a good preorder bonus. I can wait a month or two to play any new game and pay it at a lower price. I've seen many $60 games on the PC go down to $45 in a matter of weeks.

I have preordered zero games so far this year and will remain doing so.

Last year taught me a lot about how aggressive publishers are to drop half ass games , even publishers we really didn't expect to do so.

Only Nintendo last year launched massive games without huge bombs to accompany them. Nintendo is the only publisher/developer I would trust enough to preorder but I'm not going to anymore.

Not preordering is pretty much all we can do to fight the tide of "final" beta's being released in the form of launch games.

The company I simply will never trust for any games they offer day one is Ubisoft. Nothing they launch is riddled with issues. Even months afterward. EA however took the cake last year for Battlefield 4. It took from October in 2013 when it launched to July 2014 to finally get stable enough. But it took about 4 more months to add features that finally "finished" the game in my mind. No other game was as broken as BF4 was in 2014.

I have yet to see a good preorder bonus. I can wait a month or two to play any new game and pay it at a lower price. I've seen many $60 games on the PC go down to $45 in a matter of weeks.
Yup, but if its a really great game that I'm excited about, I'll even pay full price on day one.

But I just want to be able to read a couple reviews on gamerankings.com and/or see a livestream or let's play vid online to verify that the game REALLY IS a great game, and not just rely on the marketing machine of a major publisher.

My last game purchase actually is Elite Dangerous, after II watched a crapton of youtuber videos and read the thread here and went in with eyes open so I knew exactly what I was getting. But had I preordered that game based on ED's absolutely nonsensical marketing, expecting I'd get anything remotely like it, I would have been pissed with only myself to blame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvjElmFCfE
(great game, NOTHING like the marketing though)

I have preordered zero games so far this year and will remain doing so.

Last year taught me a lot about how aggressive publishers are to drop half ass games , even publishers we really didn't expect to do so.

Only Nintendo last year launched massive games without huge bombs to accompany them. Nintendo is the only publisher/developer I would trust enough to preorder but I'm not going to anymore.

Not preordering is pretty much all we can do to fight the tide of "final" beta's being released in the form of launch games.

The company I simply will never trust for any games they offer day one is Ubisoft. Nothing they launch is riddled with issues. Even months afterward. EA however took the cake last year for Battlefield 4. It took from October in 2013 when it launched to July 2014 to finally get stable enough. But it took about 4 more months to add features that finally "finished" the game in my mind. No other game was as broken as BF4 was in 2014.

I totally missed out. BF3 really disappointed me. I hated the launch maps other than ironically the pre-order one. Gameplay was super buggy and I thought making a webpage your server browser(which didn't work very well) and then separating that from your own social client was incredibly stupid. After all that nonsense they announce this massive way overpriced map pack line up. I said goodbye to Battlefield that day.

Last edited:

This! I just saw the pre-order bonus for GTA 5 --> "refunded in-game cash" Are you fucking kidding me? Thats a pre-order bonus now? Thats just insulting! I dont think they are even trying anymore knowing that sheeple will give in. I dont even know what to say about that! Mind blown.....

Holding off on most preorders from now on. Only have GTA V on PC preordered.
My worst preorder of all time is COD AW on which I even got the season pass for a 100 bucks. Game doesn't even run MP in my region since no one is playing it. Can't find any game servers and today even online service wasn't available lol.

If you personally feel it's worth it to pre-order a game then you go right ahead it's your cash so spend it how you see fit. Only game I plan to pre-order in future is Star Citizen but gonna wait until a proper Beta is released, I tried the Arena Commander module on a friend's PC when it came out, I did like it but not enough to put money towards the game. I always wait for GOTY editions Steam sales because to me they seem to be the better deal.

I haven't pre-ordered a game in years. I usually wait till they fix most bugs. By the time I get it the DLC is included.

I haven't pre-ordered a game in years. I usually wait till they fix most bugs. By the time I get it the DLC is included.

5f2496bcdb8dc8171ac209a3bf4a0e599bb7ea5336c6a75f8190fa8f7bc21dcb.jpg

"Inform yourselves before you vote!"

"I hate it when morons tell me to inform myself before I vote - it's like they think they have the right to be concerned how I vote!"

"The results are in!"
Cyclical Jailing: The practice of cycling random people through jail time to make sure we punish any criminals that originally got away with their crimes.
YES: 9,000 irresponsible voters
NO: 1,000 responsible voters

First jail cycle: 900 irresponsible voters, 100 responsible voters.

"See, everyone shared equally in the results! Why are they even more mad now? What business was it of anyone else how I vote!?!"

"Inform yourselves before you vote!"

"I hate it when morons tell me to inform myself before I vote - it's like they think they have the right to be concerned how I vote!"

"The results are in!"
Cyclical Jailing: The practice of cycling random people through jail time to make sure we punish any criminals that originally got away with their crimes.
YES: 9,000 irresponsible voters
NO: 1,000 responsible voters

First jail cycle: 900 irresponsible voters, 100 responsible voters.

"See, everyone shared equally in the results! Why are they even more mad now? What business was it of anyone else how I vote!?!"

The fact that you are equating pre-odering a fucking video game to a vote that would never happen says a lot about the "strength" of your argument.

For some reason some people seem hell bent on defending their decision to preorder crappy games. It really just shows how easy people are to manipulate.

If preorder incentives weren't as successful as they are they would stop doing them instead they are only going to get worse. Look how dlc bloomed into what it is now because how gullible people never stopped buying into crap.

Just one insensitive = guaranteed purchase no matter how broken or what shape the game turns out to be.

Last edited:
For some reason some people seem hell bent on defending their decision to preorder crappy games. It really just shows how easy people are to manipulate

it's up to the individual to determine which games are crappy and which aren't...if you know you're going to like a game then there's nothing wrong with pre-ordering...making a blanket statement like 'no pre-orders' is silly...don't pre-order if you're unsure if you're going to buy a game but overall it's not a one size fits all situation

I vote with my wallet, I don't care what you do with yours. If I want to preorder a game, I will.

it's up to the individual to determine which games are crappy and which aren't...if you know you're going to like a game then there's nothing wrong with pre-ordering

That's the thing, there is absolutely zero way you know if you are going to like a game before either a) reading reviews and user comments or b) playing a beta/demo/etc. You can guess, but until that game drops you have no idea whether or not it's going to be complete, buggy, have bad performance, or otherwise.

If you want to pre-order games, that's fine, but people coming in here and getting all indignant about "don't tell me how to spend my money blah blah" just come off as children. There is no denying that pre-ordering games and "early access" has led to some really shitty, incomplete games being released. Yes, shitty incomplete games have been released in the past, but not in the volume that we're seeing nowadays. And developers/publishers will continue to do it because they know they can get away with it. There is zero reason for them to stop making half-assed products if people pre-order and fill their wallets regardless.

That's the thing, there is absolutely zero way you know if you are going to like a game before either a) reading reviews and user comments or b) playing a beta/demo/etc. You can guess, but until that game drops you have no idea whether or not it's going to be complete, buggy, have bad performance, or otherwise.

I've been pre-ordering games since Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox (still have the wall scroll that EBGames gave with the pre-order) and in the 11 years since then I can only think of a small handful of games I've pre-ordered that ended up bad or that I ended up not liking. If you take the time to fully understand your tastes and what you are pre-ordering then it's not that big of a risk.

Only games I've preordered this year are the Witcher 3 and Evolve (and Evolve only because I played the alphas and betas extensively and so I know exactly what I am getting).

Do people really pre-order that many games? I get most of my games on Steam sales.

I've been pre-ordering games since Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox (still have the wall scroll that EBGames gave with the pre-order) and in the 11 years since then I can only think of a small handful of games I've pre-ordered that ended up bad or that I ended up not liking. If you take the time to fully understand your tastes and what you are pre-ordering then it's not that big of a risk.
It made sense to pre-order games when they were all physically distributed because you risked not getting a copy if they sold out. That's no longer the case, so why bother for most games?

It made sense to pre-order games when they were all physically distributed because you risked not getting a copy if they sold out. That's no longer the case, so why bother for most games?

There was rarely THAT much of a risk of them running out of physical copies unless it was something really rare. I do it because I want to. If I'm buying a game day one anyway why not pre-order it? I don't pre-order that often so when I do I'm reasonably sure on what I'm paying for. These days with games getting bigger and bigger the option of a pre-load is very nice as well, especially as I work ten hours a day and I really don't want to have to come home on a Tuesday and wait half the night for a game to download.

A simple thought = Don't fucking tell me how to spend my own money, regardless of your butt hurt feelings against the gaming industry and pre-order stature as it were. I don't tell you how to live your life and by fucking God, you better show me the same respect or in gonna tell you to light yourself on fucking fire.

Y'all have a good day now ya hear?

Last edited:
I, personally, have not pre-ordered anything so far this year, and don't plan to. After being burned by buggy incomplete games the last couple of years I will not anymore so I support the OP on this.....

If you take the time to fully understand your tastes and what you are pre-ordering then it's not that big of a risk.

exactly...I don't pre-order too much (only 2 pre-orders last year, Dark Souls 2 and Lords of the Fallen) mainly because the pre-order incentives are usually crap (I don't care about character skins, bonus weapons etc)...plus with the influx of Nvidia/AMD bundled codes it makes it easy to get a game for cheap on Day 1

but that being said I don't even look at buying Lords of the Fallen as a pre-order...that crap is just extra content...I look at it as I'm interested in the game so I'm going to buy it...if you're constantly blindly pre-ordering then there's an issue but I see nothing wrong with selectively buying games before launch if it catches your eye...all games will have bugs...if you're waiting for a bug-free launch then you'll never buy anything

with Multiplayer games in particular you risk missing out on launch if the game dies out quickly (Titanfall)...gaming is a hobby...enjoy it...I have pre-ordered Evolve because I loved the beta...had no interest in the game up until then

So far this year I've preordered Resident Evil Remaster, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Grand Theft Auto V ☺. If they offer a preorder for Metal Gear Solid V, I'll get that too. Anything else I'll have to play by ear.

Back