Remember battletech 3025? I've got the installer!

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
some random guy on youtube sent me the installer! though it's not playable, the original music is there! just the music alone sparks memories. if there's a way i could put the soundtrack on youtube or something, let me know.

i know ea never released the source code, but are there any experts out there who could extract the models and maybe maps??

Sorry, never played that one. I've played pretty much all the MechWarrior series and also some of the really old classics such as:

BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (1989)
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge (1991)

I looked up 3025 on Wiki and here's what came up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_3025

In a nutshell we havn't heard of it because it was never released past beta. MS and EA for whatever reason didn't complete the game.

EA's BT: 3025 was complete crap. I was in the beta and it was almost a complete waste of time. The only remotely interesting facet was the strategic side. Yet even that was done in a half-assed fashion.

I use to play its predecessor, Battletech: Solaris, all the time. I never tried BattleTech 3025.

I remember a loooong time ago, right around EQ 1's release, reading about a Battletech MMO (kind of) Basic premise was like Planetside where you are fighting over comtrol of a section of a galaxy with multiple solar systems. Unfortunately aside from the small article I read on it I never could find more info. I know it got scrapped though right before the Xbox series was realesed. Is this the same game?

Man I miss Battletech series games. Out of all the things getting recycled this series REALLY should be one of them.

Agreed. BattleTech could make a great comeback if they would ditch the stupid storyline they have gone with.

I think Battletech started going downhill after those lawsuits forced them to lose the designs of most of their most popular mechs such as the Warhammer, Marauder, Locust, Phoenix Hawk/Wasp/Stinger, Shadowhawk, and perhaps a few other I missed. I remember when everything was said and done, 8 of their 11 mechs from the original revision halted production and were removed from new Technical Readouts and miniature lines.

Crescent Hawks Revenge! drool!

heres a question for a fan - remember when 4 clanners are attaching one lone phoenix hawk. what unit did that phoenix hawk belong to?
(hint: for this mission, you can do an orbital drop with your units spread out, or wait to land and they are all together)

why wouldn't this be legal? it's the installer that THEY made.

The songs and all the rest of the data is copyrighted, you can't just go posting it where ever you want, youtube is already in trouble just for this reason. you cant just rip what you want out of it and use it anyway you want!

Some friends of mine beta'ed this a long time ago and said they loved it. They played it a shit ton RIGHt before it was shut down.

which one was the one that you played as a trainee and the base gets attacked so you make off in a chamelion?

I played that beta and I was shocked when they announced it wasnt going to go into production. MW4 was fairly fresh at the time and there was a market for mech games. The strategic element did make it interesting.

Regarding it not being perfect...it was a beta. They were working on it. The basic premise was good; a sort of perma score board for keeping track instead of just randomly dropping into battles ala MW4. Mind you I liked MW4 but I my fav part of MW4 was playing in leagues not against random people with no skills and no coordination.

Its a shame that Fasa went under, ever since no one has bothered making BT games anymore. MW5 or a remake of this MMO would be a great thing imo.

I severly miss Mechwarrior 3. I did the whole clan thing, played in a league. Had a great time, got to know some nice people. Now microsoft is putting out that garbage for the 360...arcade shootem up style.

I want my tactical FPS/SIM style mechawarrior back.

Back