Remedy Max Payne 1 & 2 Remake for PC and Xbox series and PS5

Elon Musk approves!

em mp.png

https://investors.remedygames.com/a...-rockstar-games-for-new-max-payne-12-project/

This is good and bad.

Good - because I love Max Payne.
Bad - because it appears the devs have run out of new ideas.

However, the remake of Tomb Raider (Anniversary) was fantastic.
I'd love to see a similar remake for TR2 and TR3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting. Alan Wake 2 is in development, published by Epic. Control 2 is apparently happening and will be publisher by 505 Games. They have some multiplayer games in the works as well. Max Payne 1/2 is apparently going to be published by Rockstar according to this article. So they have a lot of projects in the works and are working with a number of different publishers. Hopefully this won't be a repeat of Avalanche Studios where they had two or so different studios spread too thin, and the result was Just Cause 4.

Being released as a single package would also be nice, assuming the price is $60.

I always thought Max Payne was just the punisher with a pill pushing problem. Max Payne 2 was ok but nothing like the 1st game.
I still have Max Payne 3 installed.

Being released as a single package would also be nice, assuming the price is $60.
Don't want to spoil your mood, but it will definitely be $70. They are trying to normalize that for "next gen" games. But no worries, I can wait for games to come down to a price I find agreeable. Especially remasters of old games. I know this is a remake, not a remaster, but for example I still have not purchased Mass Effect Legendary Edition, because of the price.

This is good and bad.

Good - because I love Max Payne.
Bad - because it appears the devs have run out of new ideas.

However, the remake of Tomb Raider (Anniversary) was fantastic.
I'd love to see a similar remake for TR2 and TR3.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Remedy needs to put out a quick money maker in the interim while they're working on Alan Wake 2.

Don't want to spoil your mood, but it will definitely be $70. They are trying to normalize that for "next gen" games. But no worries, I can wait for games to come down to a price I find agreeable. Especially remasters of old games. I know this is a remake, not a remaster, but for example I still have not purchased Mass Effect Legendary Edition, because of the price.

$70 wouldn't be too bad as they are remakes on a vastly newer engine. Cost of development would be mostly similar to building a game from scratch. Of course, everyone has their own price point and value for something. Seeing that Rockstar was attached you'd think they would be $70 each, so at least that isn't the case.

I still have not purchased Mass Effect Legendary Edition, because of the price.
It's been $10 to $12 multiple times between deals and humble choice. I paid $12 by subscribing for one month to humble choice and just immediately canceled after.

Remedy needs to put out a quick money maker in the interim while they're working on Alan Wake 2.
Idk how "quick" remaking Max Payne 1 & 2 would be... It's not a "remaster" but a remake so they're being remade from the ground-up using Control's engine. Unless my memory is wrong I don't think the first two Max Payne games were that short either... so I am willing to bet that Alan Wake 2 could yet still release before Max Payne 1 & 2 especially since these remakes are only in the "conceptional" phase of development at this point.

I have an extra copy if you want it. Got it from the Humble Bundle. Shoot me a DM. I'll send it later.

Completely unnecessary, it is better to work on the new max payne 4.
I also played the last max payne 3 and the game was good.

Subbing. Loved MP 1 and 2! Strangely, I own the third game but have never really played it.

I remember really enjoying the first game, but never got the second one. Looking forward to a great remake (hopefully).

Yeah the only thing you can change in these games are the graphics. The voice overs, the writing, the noir, everything is already perfect, even the footsteps. I just get the feeling if you put some new team on this it will get polluted with newspeak by the ideologs. Don't 'Star Wars' this old classic. In fact...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/max-...k-using-esrgan-and-is-available-for-download/

PS... Whack Em!

Yeah the only thing you can change in these games are the graphics. The voice overs, the writing, the noir, everything is already perfect, even the footsteps. I just get the feeling if you put some new team on this it will get polluted with newspeak by the ideologs. Don't 'Star Wars' this old classic. In fact...

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/max-...k-using-esrgan-and-is-available-for-download/

PS... Whack Em!
I'd better buy the originals digitally soon, not sure where my original copies went!

If they keep true to the originals and don't try to make any changes to the source material I'd be interested.

I played MP1 a few years after it came out, same with MP2 and MP3 because I waited for sales and have a huge backlog. Naturally, this meant there were years of real time between me playing each game, so a few years ago, I played all 3 MAX games back to back (with some racing games and Portal in between to break up the monotony of all MAX all the time) and I have been jonesing for MP4 ever since.

Sooooo many years later and the original games are still "worth playing".

All of them are.

DO NOT buy the complete pack. It is USD $20 more expensive than buying the packages above. Check the price if you're not in the US to be sure of that in your market.

Thanks Armenius

Idk how "quick" remaking Max Payne 1 & 2 would be... It's not a "remaster" but a remake so they're being remade from the ground-up using Control's engine. Unless my memory is wrong I don't think the first two Max Payne games were that short either... so I am willing to bet that Alan Wake 2 could yet still release before Max Payne 1 & 2 especially since these remakes are only in the "conceptional" phase of development at this point.
Your memory is wrong in this case. They were all very short games. You could breeze through either one in a couple of sittings. There's not even 20 hours between the two.

Your memory is wrong in this case. They were all very short games. You could breeze through either one in a couple of sittings. There's not even 20 hours between the two.
It's still not going to be quick remake. It sounds like they are releasing both in one product perhaps. I doubt they will be separate games then considering their lengths.

Fuck yes!

Max Payne 1 & 2 are some of my favorite PC games of all time, such great stories & presentation.

Subbing. Loved MP 1 and 2! Strangely, I own the third game but have never really played it.
Me too. I don't play it because I want to keep the memories of the first two. I never felt like MP3 would give me the kind of feelings that the first two did. Maybe it was to do with the setting.

I find it to be fairly accurate, with the exception of Assassin's Creed Valhalla. That will take around 100 hours to finish the story missions in all of the sections of the map.
Yeah, it is pretty good for judging a purchase or deciding if I have time that week to jump into a game.

Selected difficulty level and player skill can skew estimates a few percent.

I'm at 90 hours in Assassins Creed Odyssey & there is no way I'll finish in 139 hours they quote for a completionist and I'm not even trying to be / do that. I'm so blown away at the world they built, that I tour most of the buildings and gawk at the architecture, fly around with my eagle drone, marvel at the statuary and of course jump into almost every side quest to save all of the "maidens in distress".

I am not hell bent to complete the main mission in 44 hours that they are showing, but non-open world games the site is very accurate and they show you the number of people who participated in the estimating polls.

Me too. I don't play it because I want to keep the memories of the first two. I never felt like MP3 would give me the kind of feelings that the first two did. Maybe it was to do with the setting.
Max 3 is 100% worth playing man.

He is the same broken human, poppin' pills and drinkin' and killin' everyone in sight!

Back