Release Date Lottery (HL2)

Roach

Limp Gawd
Well, I just got around to "preodering" my copy of Half Life 2 from my newly opened Gamestop store just down the street. Seeing that I had about 10 games I absolutely hated and wanted to get rid of, I took them down so I could get some store credit.

Bought Xenosaga after finally founding out its a branch off of my favorite game of all time Xenogears. The guy asked me if I wanted anything else because I still had about $13 of store credit. Not sure I asked him to read off a few titles he thought were pretty good, FFXI(PS2), City of Heros, the usual list. Then he mentioned HL2, curious I said
"isn't that coming out July?"
"Actually no, I have it here on my screen March 31, and because its 8 day alway from release I think its going to come out."

I don't seriously believe it to be coming out that soon, but what do you think? I was sure to check their site and it even say 7/1/04, you think they just haven't updated their database?

My ETA... 12/24/04 Just in time for X-mas.

WTF MATES??!?!? Last I heard was 09/04 ... 8 weeks ? Someone please confirm this ?????

hmm... ya know. I do not think it will be released the 31st. Not going to happen. Nore do I think before E3. Oh well, whenever it is released, se shall be pleasantly supprysed

It will be released July 17, 2004. It will run on systems just like mine. It will be the perfect game.

HL2 was cancelled it was just a marketing ploy for ATI.

Haven't anybody but me figured that out. :rolleyes:

its going to be bundled free with the phantom console

I honestly think that game stores are putting dates on HL2 for the mere fact that they know you will be back to check and if 1 out of 100 buy something they are making a profit on telling people when HL2 comes out.

oh oh I want in on the lottery I say some time in SEPT I have had this pre orderd since Dec and EB has sent me numerous letter saying WE ARE SORRY BUT THE SHIP DATE AGAIN HAS CHANGED:rolleyes: Go figure...

Killermac

Originally posted by Jynio
Rumor has it that it will ship the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.

I think you mean Duke Nukem' Whenever.

This HL2/D3 thing is kind of like a showdown in poker, somebody has to call sometime. . .and Painkiller, 2k4, and Far Cry did. ;)

My $$'s on a Black Friday-ish release.

I cannot wait for quite a few games this year!!!

But do you think HL2 will come out before or after Doom3?

:D

Back