reinstall OS after changing RAM?

I know most will say its necessary but I want to know if people experience problems when they choose no to reinstall?

There is no need to re-install your OS after a ram swap. If a system doesn't work after a ram swap it must be some funky ram.

I believe he may be slightly confused by other posts if he thinks most are suggesting you reinstall your OS after a RAM swap. It is usually necessary to reinstall your OS after a motherboard swap, but a RAM swap is a very basic procedure, there is absolutely no need to reinstall your OS afterwards.

I can think of no reason why you would have to reinstall the OS after replacing RAM.

OS replacement after RAM, Video Board, HD, any add in card = No.

Really, It's just after Motherboard replacement that you need to re-install, and there are times you can avoid it then too if you really, abosultutely need to.

I have upgraded my computer's ram from 2 GB to 4 GB. Everything is working as it was. I don't sense there is need for reinstall OS.

OS replacement after RAM, Video Board, HD, any add in card = No.

Really, It's just after Motherboard replacement that you need to re-install, and there are times you can avoid it then too if you really, abosultutely need to.

+1,000,000

I know most will say its necessary but I want to know if people experience problems when they choose no to reinstall?

The only time you do this is when you installed 32-bit Windows on a computer that has 2GB of RAM and you upgraded it to 4GB or RAM or more.

I can think of no reason why you would have to reinstall the OS after replacing RAM.

We all know that 1s and 0s on old ram are different than new RAM, that's why you need to format so all 1s and 0s on the new ram are compatible with the old ram. :D

BTW you'll need to reactivate too.

A reinstall is also recommended when adding printers, usb devices, when connecting to a network or inserting a Bluray Disc.

Back