regular expression in windows file open prompt

eon

2[H]4U
in this app im using it allows wildcards when selecting a file to open like: *.abc

I'm trying to find a way to open all files of multiple extensions at once. Such as all files of extension abc, efg, and hij. Is there a way to do this in a windows file open prompt? thanks

but I dont want every file, just a certain set of file extensions. Something like:
*.abc || *.efg || *.xyz

You can try something like "*.abc" "*.def" "*.ghi". The standard dialog allows opening multiple individual files separated by spaces, each file name in quotes. It really depends if the developer(s) coded for that situation, and if they even used the standard dialog.

If you're using the OpenFileDialog object, then use the Filter property. I'm unsure whether you also want to have single- or multiple-select, but that can also be set in the object's properties. Make sure you set both as needed before opening the dialog.

@pxc
thanks i ust tried that but looks like it doesnt work in this application.
@PTNL
this isnt a program im developing. Its a app that I use in which I load various files into to process.

but oh well, i can continue doing each filetype manually. This would have just spared me a little time and annoyance

Back