Registry Problem in Windows Server 2012 essentials

purple_haze

2[H]4U
I am a first time windows server essentials user and i recently added my computer into the server but there is a conflict due to some kind of registry error and i can't delete the registry file from my computer since there is no user found on the permission for drop box. How do i gain permission to delete the registry

what do you mean by "added my computer into the server" as it's not clear what you did.
and clarify "there is no user found on the permission for drop box"
it should list local accounts and possibly the SID of a deleted domain user (if you mean you added your computer to the domain that Server 2012 Essentials creates)

i made a stand alone pc as a windows server from window server essentials 2012 as a computer to do standard backups of pc. I didn't realize i needed to set a domain and everything for the computer. I added a pc into the server that was using windows 7 pro. As soon as it loaded up from the domain login. Drop Box listed an error due to some registry problem. Accessing the registry it didn't allow me to delete the legacy registry file "ks." I went to permission from right click and there were no group or usernames listed. I tried to add the user "add user or object names" manually for the computer and it said permission was denied.

You need to add a domain account to the local computer accounts and give it admin permissions. Easiest way might be to use the join domain wizard- after joining the domain, you have the option to add a domain user as a local account and assign desired permissions.

can you still log in to the server?
I'm guessing that maybe Server 2012 used your local account and made it a domain admin account?
try logging in to your desktop with those credentials, maybe.

Back