*REFURBISHED* ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti - $439.99 + tax & S&H

Wow! No we're talking! Thats a good price.

EDIT# Shipping a little pricey. $22 minimum, but still a great deal.

Ever actually had something fail outside of that period? Typically electronics work, or they blow up on first power-on.

I personally have had more GPU's fail than any other computer part sans 10+ year old HDD's.
Granted its like 2 out of prolly 50 GPU's I've owned throughout my lifetime for any lengthy period of time, but I've also never bought a refurb GPU.

I personally have had more GPU's fail than any other computer part sans 10+ year old HDD's.
Granted its like 2 out of prolly 50 GPU's I've owned throughout my lifetime for any lengthy period of time, but I've also never bought a refurb GPU.

You've had one fail outside of 90 days, that wasn't caused by any factor other than it being faulty?

That’s 4% failure rate. I say you are within failure rate lol.

Ive been mining bitcoin since 2011 with usually 5-8 video cards at a time. i have never had a GPU failure except a 6850 i was overclocking. 90 day warranty beats the 30 day return policy or 0 day you would get from ebay / craigslist.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

You got a costco credit card? 2 year warranty if you pay with it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just got one. Every so often it comes in stock so keep watching it. I didn't need it but I have no self control and a lot of $$$ just sitting in my bank account. It will be a nice upgrade from my 1060 6GB.

What makes this review even better is you buying asus. Lucky you haven't had to deal with their customer service. You should buy EVGA from here on out.
Thought the same thing. I had one RMA from EVGA and they were super cool.

So a used EVGA 2080 is around $600.00+ (on eBAY) with probably 2 ish years left on the warranty (which is via the product not the original purchaser). Or $450.00-$500.00 for this with a 90 day warranty, plus these are much older cards than 2080s.

16-25% savings for an non RTX option with no fancy DLSS (both cards produce about the same frame-rate)

On the subject of DLSS when games are CPU bound there can be huge gains with it as shown in the video below.

So a used EVGA 2080 is around $600.00+ (on eBAY) with probably 2 ish years left on the warranty (which is via the product). Or $450.00-$500.00 for this with a 90 day warranty, plus these are much older cards than 2080s.

16-25% savings for an non RTX option with no fancy DLSS (both cards produce about the same frame-rate)

On the subject of DLSS when games are CPU bound there can be huge gains with it as shown in the video below.

Hey ScuNioN... who told you to use logic and critical thinking for us gpu addicts. This is a forum for impulsive buyers, discount freaks, and gambling addicts. The last thing we fucking need is geniuses like you to sway us with common sense. Da hell bro!?

Hey ScuNioN... who told you to use logic and critical thinking for us gpu addicts. This is a forum for impulsive buyers, discount freaks, and gambling addicts. The last thing we fucking need is geniuses like you to sway us with common sense. Da hell bro!?

I buy and sell lots of used stuff. Could I interest anyone in some "surprise mechanics"?

So turning a profit (or just buying smart and thrifty for myself) on what I do above, these are the steps one must think of. Ho-hum~

Last edited:
I buy and sell lots of used stuff. Could I interest anyone in some "surprise mechanics"?

So turning a profit (or just buying smart and thrifty for myself) on what I do above, these are the steps one must think of. Ho-hum~

el oh el at surprise mechanics.

So a used EVGA 2080 is around $600.00+ (on eBAY) with probably 2 ish years left on the warranty (which is via the product not the original purchaser). Or $450.00-$500.00 for this with a 90 day warranty, plus these are much older cards than 2080s.

First, your warranty comment is only for certain brands of video cards.

Second, fuck yeah I want to save 25% on nearly identical performance, DLSS be damned. Sure you are going to see some flagship games get paid by nvidia to support it, but you are really a fool if you think that's going to have widespread adoption, developers don't want more work just to alienate part of their customer base. Noone is going to hold off on their game purchase because it doesn't support dlss. To me it was only put in as a crutch to get rtx running at a non-crap framerate. The future isn't going to be rtx or whatever amd comes up with, it's the one that gets put into direct x that supports both cards.

First, your warranty comment is only for certain brands of video cards.

Second, fuck yeah I want to save 25% on nearly identical performance, DLSS be damned. Sure you are going to see some flagship games get paid by nvidia to support it, but you are really a fool if you think that's going to have widespread adoption, developers don't want more work just to alienate part of their customer base. Noone is going to hold off on their game purchase because it doesn't support dlss. To me it was only put in as a crutch to get rtx running at a non-crap framerate. The future isn't going to be rtx or whatever amd comes up with, it's the one that gets put into direct x that supports both cards.

Yes my comment is for EVGA which pretty much has been known as having the best warranty and service in the graphics card business forever. Other companies have warranties that transfer or stay with the card. Pick your poison~

I think that DLSS is implemented by having the game being run through nvidias AI cluster and then a "DLSS profile" is made and refined upon. I don't think developers have to do a damn thing to have it implemented; kind of like what the gaming community is doing with creating higher resolution textures through AI for older titles. So no, I don't think it puts more work on developers nor do I think it alienates their customer base. How about some hard facts before you start shouting from the mountain "you are really a fool if you think it will have widespread adoption". Nvidia pretty much has set majority of the standards we currently have in the consumer accelerator market; I've seen it and lived through it since the riva TNT era.

Pretty confident path tracing will indeed be the future. Where you will see widespread adoption / implementation (not alienation - just to implement does not mean there can't be a different rendering path for non path traced) will be with independent games not triple AAA titles. Current path tracing "available power" does not allow full scene + multiple bounce + 60 FPS. Look at the Quake 2 implementation, that is the current target.

DLSS and RTX hating aside, I think the below logic will hold true for at least 75% of buyers.

(2 years + of warranty + 1-6 month old card) vs (90 days warranty, possible 2 year old card) for a $50-$150 difference in price. YMMY.

What makes this review even better is you buying asus. Lucky you haven't had to deal with their customer service. You should buy EVGA from here on out.

Unfortunately, i've experienced Asus abysmal rma process. Yeah, not much of an improvement.

Is evgas rma experience still the top of the heap these days? Don't they now charge some silly af fee for cross shipping? I remember they used to not charge a dime back when i was still buying their cards in the gtx280+ days.

Unfortunately, i've experienced Asus abysmal rma process. Yeah, not much of an improvement.

Is evgas rma experience still the top of the heap these days? Don't they now charge some silly af fee for cross shipping? I remember they used to not charge a dime back when i was still buying their cards in the gtx280+ days.

I haven't had to use it in a while myself, but general comments are still pretty positive. As for cross-shipping, you have to put down a "collateral" fee that is refunded when the card is returned to them. I imagine they got hosed on it a few too many times in the past to keep doing it for free. Info on their current RMA service is here if you want to look: https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/

I've had experience with MSI, Gigabyte, Asus and Zotac. Asus was the worst. MSI and Gigabyte were okay but EVGA seems to be the most responsive and gives you the most options so I'm buying from them from here on out.

Back