Refurbished Viewsonic 23" IPS VP2365WB 119.99 + FS

I hear you Kildrith, not to mention you would want to rush the order before this 30-batch sold out. I'll say one thing, once you have them in hand, and up and running, you'll forget about the whole incident :p

That's a load of bs. I ordered one online then talked to a rep via live chat and he called me to place the order and said there were no shipping charges.

I ordered 2.
They would not give me free shipping, but they gave me a discount (no free shipping on items not in stock apparently). Still was 120 lbs, so still very price shipping.

after IL tax, came to about $440 for 2. I had to call and after they argued with me about buying something that wasn't in stock and trying to get me buy some visio instead, I had to just bluntly say that the only thing I wanted was the viewsonic.

That's a load of bs. I ordered one online then talked to a rep via live chat and he called me to place the order and said there were no shipping charges.
He went above the free ship weight limit by ordering two of them at the same time. I say they could have helped him and made an exception imho, BUT NO...

Hey Killdrith, maybe follow-up with a phone call to customer service instead of a sales rep. If you kill them with kindness maybe they'll make the adjustment for you? I would do it quick though if you're seriously contemplating it.

I'd also ask them if you would lose your spot on the que.

I understand but it wouldn't have been hard to waive it or split his order up. Oh well, good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes, I went well over the weight. 1 is almost over the weight. I did push the guy for the free shipping, which is why he discounted me twice.. but I could barely understand him so I was getting frustrated as it was. I swear I think it's a tactic sometimes to put people on phone support (he also had 20 kids in the room with him) with accents.. I had to ask him to repeat things 20 times :(

Ah well, I don't really mind the extra $50 so much.. the IL tax gets old though

They canceled my order saying it was out of stock, even though I ordered when it was in-stock.

They canceled my order saying it was out of stock, even though I ordered when it was in-stock.
Sorry to hear that.

Just checked my email, got an update at 1:16am saying my order went through, shipping status "backordered", this is for the 26" viewsonic though...

FYI just to share my experience with Macmall on my HP ZR24W IPS Purchase:

Macmall is VERY slow with processing orders. I waited 8 business days until my item was shipped.

If they didn't have good deals, I would never purchase from them.

The customer service representatives on MacMall are incredibly stupid. I've called them THREE times trying to get my shipping address right and they just can't do it. It's absolutely amazing - I've had them read back to me correctly the entire address, all is good, then when I go back to the website it's something completely different like a wrong zip code.

You've got to be kidding me, they did it AGAIN. 45209, not 45202 like I said FIVE times. Wow. This is incredible. Gotta call them a fourth time now.

They dropped my order as well, WITHOUT notifying me. I only noticed when I manually just happened to check the status on my order and it said "discontinued". When I confronted them, they only said "Oh, you should have gotten an email."

Talk about a lot of painful phone calls and contacts for nothing :( I should have pressed them for a coupon or something but I really don't want to deal with them again.

I've got 3 emails from them confirming and status etc etc etc, my online account shows nothing suspicious.

Crossing my fingers...

I'm showing 3 authorizations on my credit card but it's screwed up beyond belief still. Now they are saying that Paypal (my card issuer) has declined one of the three payments. Paypal denies this, and I can clearly see all three authorizations. It's a problem on Macmall's end. I just convinced the lady to resubmit the authorization, so we'll see what happens.

I'm up to 3+ hours on the phone and seven phone calls for this deal. I better get all three!

:(
I just want my money back at this point.. they say they never took it but I have a bank statement that says different. It had better just be a pre-authorization..

i am...... very glad i wasn't tempted by the 26" ips panels. i was seriously about to buy them too

Just got another email from them saying my payment could not be processed, on a completely different card than I gave them.

These people are literally 100% incompetent.

Just got another email from them saying my payment could not be processed, on a completely different card than I gave them.

These people are literally 100% incompetent.

Are you sure it isn't the cards that are causing the problems? A lot of CC companies will flag three transactions that are exactly the same for fraud protection etc. Both of mine went through just fine (still on B/O) and the representatives have been very helpful.

edit: they placed a hold on my CC for for both monitors but not a charge

Last edited:
they canceled two of my 23" order, so i ended up getting 1 shipped. and they are still taking orders for the 26"

................ and they are still taking orders for the 26"

NO longer taking orders for the 26" supposedly. Just attempted to purchase a 2nd one over chat, the rep said yes they were available. He then called to apologize and say he was wrong, the sku has been canceled and they are no longer accepting orders for the 26".

He says there is a small chance they will get another future shipment but he felt it was highly unlikely. We shall see ;)

Or maybe i was "denied" this 2nd purchase to prevent profiteers from hoarding them, can't say for sure.Those paying with a credit card can always take a chance if they'd like.

My first order for the 26" is still on track :)

Well guys, today is the day that they supposedly ship them - keep your fingers crossed.

I have 3 orders showing in my Macmall control panel, but 3 authorizations on one credit card and a 4th on another LOL

I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette here....

Well guys, today is the day that they supposedly ship them - keep your fingers crossed.

I have 3 orders showing in my Macmall control panel, but 3 authorizations on one credit card and a 4th on another LOL

I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette here....
I spoke to them yesterday, i thought they mentioned today being the day they receive the shipment. I didn't think they're going to do such a quick turnaround and ship them out to us that fast. I hope i'm wrong :p

Still crossing my fingers for us...

No tracking number here. Going to call saturday afternoon to inquire, i'll report back then.

Found a representative that knows what they are doing (She's the lead card processing person, Mae). Got 2 of three orders confirmed, 3rd should be tomorrow.

I still haven't inquired about shipping/tracking for my order, i'll probably try them on Sunday if they're open for business.

Last edited:
Just got this email:

Dear Customer,

The REF LED MONITOR VIEWSONIC are currently not available in our Memphis TN warehouse, and affiliate stores. We have preordered product direct from the manufacturer. We were given an estimated delivery date to have item in stock 10/13/2011. Unfortunately this is only an estimated delivery date and could not be a guarantee for product shipment.

For inquiries call our Customer Service Line at 800 6226255 option 4

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay, rest assured that we are doing our best to work with the manufacturer to deliver your order as soon as possible.

I ordered the 26" but I don't know if the order numbers would help since my second order starts with a S and first was a W. I placed the first order Oct. 2 around 5 PM and second order on Oct. 3 around 3 PM

Got the 26" via UPS about 20 minutes ago. I briefly opened it to verify contents, saw the sticker and can confirm it is the VP2655WB. I noticed a video cable or two and a power cable. It looked very clean and i haven't seen any scratches ... yet.

Will not test it for another day or two though. l'll try it out for a few hours to check for defects including power supply issues and dead/stuck pixels etc etc.

Last edited:
Got both of my 26" monitors today. Both perfect on the outside and no dead pixels but I only had them turned on for a few minutes.

Back