Refurbished IBM Laptops

DeepSpin

n00b
Hey everyone,

After my recent call to BestBuy's Warranty center, I'm highly doubtful that my laptop will be replaced. The LCD screen will need to completely go out before it's replaced. Therefore while searching for a new laptop, I came across the IBM refurbished line. I love the IBM laptops and the refurbished models seem to be a great price. I was wondering what everyone thought about the refurbished models and if it's a good deal for the money. I talked about them with my parents and they love it because the IBMs are roughly half the price of a new one. The link is posted below and I'm looking at the T22 for $799.00 and the T23 for $949.00. I would also add the extended warranty from IBM for one year. Do I get the CD reloads for these incase I need to reformat?

Link: IBM Refurbished

Thanks

You mught wanna check ebay, there are t22s and t21s non-referb with about 6-8 months of IBM warrandy left. They nomraly seem to go for 550-600... I really want to buy one of these, but im not sure how much id use a laptop.

just bought a t40p refurb on eBay....the company was providing an additional 3 year warranty beyond the IBM 1 yr warranty (IBM's normal warranty is 3 yr).

Anywho, with the options it's a ~$3200+ notebook and I haggled them down to $1999.00 shipped.

go for it! The IBM T-series is the "ultimate"

Those refurb prices really aren't that cheap... I got my R40 with everything in my sig for around $1400 something, the one on there with a smaller screen is only $200 or so cheaper. But get an IBM they are good shit :)

Tweak I think I just bought the same one from the same ebay seller, pc_and_camera or something liek that right? They still havent shipped it though :(

Binary Digit, welcome to the club man!

I'm an typing away on mine...I ordered Thursday, and it shipped Friday via Airborne Express...to my front doorstep (Edgewater, MD USA) here on Monday.

I couldn't be more pleased...it's badass :D

Unfortunately they seem to be backed up which sucks. I ordered mine last wed I believe and they still havent shipped it. I would have liked to have it for today for my flight to paradise island but I guess I will have to do without it. Speaking of flight its 3:40 AM and the car is coming to pick me up at 4. Gotta run. I hate early flights :eek:

Wow you're right there in New York too!

That's suprising to say the least...have you tried calling? (I placed my order over the phone).

I'm still typing away on this bad boy! Rest assured, it's worth the wait!

Back