Refurb Samsung 950Pro M.2 NVMe $203

The other one is a touch slower and I would trust Samsung over the off-brand. Not a refurb though. ;)

The other one is a touch slower and I would trust Samsung over the off-brand. Not a refurb though. ;)

I had a 960 Evo and I can't tell the difference in real world use between the MyDigitalSSD and the Samsung.

Reviews:
http://www.legitreviews.com/mydigitalssd-bpx-m2-nvme-480gb-ssd-review_190472
http://www.eteknix.com/mydigitalssd-bpx-480gb-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drive-review/
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mydigitalssd-bpx-nvme-ssd,4780.html

It's the same controller as the Corsair Force and the Patriot Hellfire just $50 cheaper. Plus, the warranty is BETTER than Samsung.

I had a 960 Evo and I can't tell the difference in real world use between the MyDigitalSSD and the Samsung.

Reviews:
http://www.legitreviews.com/mydigitalssd-bpx-m2-nvme-480gb-ssd-review_190472
http://www.eteknix.com/mydigitalssd-bpx-480gb-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drive-review/
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mydigitalssd-bpx-nvme-ssd,4780.html

It's the same controller as the Corsair Force and the Patriot Hellfire just $50 cheaper. Plus, the warranty is BETTER than Samsung.

Interesting, I am going to look into these as they're over $50 cheaper than Samsung.

Keep an eye on Amazon, every once in a while they have these on Warehouse Deals.. got mine for $170 with free same day

Damn it I just ordered the 600p.

Sorry if you ordered it because of my post...I just saw it mentioned in another thread and figured that the Intel name could be trusted since Starrbuck expressed hesitation over that one brand. I didn't research reviews prior to posting but it seemed like a good deal considering the brand/price/capacity. If you're used to SATA SSDs it's probably still a nice upgrade, but apparently one can do better..

Np I had ordered last night because it was 179.99 and figured it was Intel it can't be to bad. Just looked up reviews. Thank God it let me cancel my order still. Guess I'll just pony up for a Samsung.

I just got the 960 EVO 512GB and its super great for me. I like being able to use Samsung Magician which was recently updated to 4.0. Does MyDigitalSSD have any similar software?

No it doesn't. I did a fresh install on mine and it worked fine with Windows 10.

Np I had ordered last night because it was 179.99 and figured it was Intel it can't be to bad. Just looked up reviews. Thank God it let me cancel my order still. Guess I'll just pony up for a Samsung.

Most users would never be able to tell the difference in a blind test. In daily usage the difference is much more subtle than the benchmarks would suggest. Don't break your budget with big expectations.

Most users would never be able to tell the difference in a blind test. In daily usage the difference is much more subtle than the benchmarks would suggest. Don't break your budget with big expectations.

That being said, if you're buying right now, why get the 600p when the BPX is priced similarly and outperforms it?

I just got the 960 EVO 512GB and its super great for me. I like being able to use Samsung Magician which was recently updated to 4.0. Does MyDigitalSSD have any similar software?

Sorry if I am going off-topic with this, but what is it about Magician that you like so much? This is a serious question. I have a 840 EVO and use Magician as well. The only reason why I use it is for RAPID mode, I don't care about the benchmarking or anything else. But I am still reading reviews that RAPID mode doesn't improve performance much and may even degrade performance. I reinstalled Windows recently and actually forgot to install Magician for about a month. After I installed it, i didn't notice a difference.

Is RAPID mode the only reason why you like Magician or is there another use I am missing and should look into?

I just installed a 128GB bpx I bought for $69.99 and under linux with a single i/o op I get 1.7GB/s on seq. reads.
I have a PM951 (not SM951) coming from ebay I paid $87'ish for 256G. I will compare & advise but I expect the BPX to be faster.

Wow, I'm going to have to look into these BPX drives when I eventually get around to trying out NVMe. My only concern would be reliability, but they seem to offer a 5yr warranty which goes a long way for me.

I just said screw it and ordered the BPX drive. Wanted the Samsung evo but they are back ordered every where. Trying to finish my new build in the next week.

Good choice. Probably the best bang/buck NVMe drive available right now.

I have the Intel 600p 512gb. It's much faster than the typical SSD thats out there. Read is 1,750 ish / write 650+

I owned the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe. I have a hard time seeing the difference between the two.

I got my 600p for $159 at Microcenter. Excellent price. I think I'll keep mine for now.

Last edited:
Funny how everybody brings up the BPX... I just installed mine last week.

Reason: I started hearing grinding noises from my OCZ SSD :D JK

I'm pretty sure once you go M.2 nvme RAPID mode is no more. I see not supported for my 256GB 950 PRO and 512gb 950 Pro.

I just installed a 128GB bpx I bought for $69.99 and under linux with a single i/o op I get 1.7GB/s on seq. reads.
I have a PM951 (not SM951) coming from ebay I paid $87'ish for 256G. I will compare & advise but I expect the BPX to be faster.
Well, color me surprised...same test on the PM951 256G was showing me 2.4GB/s...

Sorry if I am going off-topic with this, but what is it about Magician that you like so much? This is a serious question. I have a 840 EVO and use Magician as well. The only reason why I use it is for RAPID mode, I don't care about the benchmarking or anything else. But I am still reading reviews that RAPID mode doesn't improve performance much and may even degrade performance. I reinstalled Windows recently and actually forgot to install Magician for about a month. After I installed it, i didn't notice a difference.

Is RAPID mode the only reason why you like Magician or is there another use I am missing and should look into?

RAPID mode
Firmware updates
Checking S.M.A.R.T. status / drive health
Advice on system compatibility issues

Back