Refurb PX329's? 32" Freesync 144Hz 1440p VA for $299.. FIRST IMPRESSIONS

extide

2[H]4U
So, these have been on sale for $299 @ Newegg for a bit https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB7186J7087 although the do seem to have gone up to $319 since I bought them, oh well.

So, I had posted up in another thread about buying some new screens. I eventually decided to go with these Refurb PX329's. I figured I would chime in on how they turned out, being refurbished and all. So they came in full retail packaging with all of the accessories, all the brackets, screws, manual, power supply & power cable, and a displayport cable. I wasn't sure if they would actually come with the displayport cable but I am glad to see that they do. Nothing appears to be missing from any of them. The packaging has obviously been opened before, you can tell that the foam is a little bit beat up, the bags that the cables and manual came in look a bit 'used' and the protective plastic has been pulled off all of the glossy plastic surfaces on the monitors themselves. The monitors are in otherwise great shape, no dings dents or any blemishes.

I quickly hooked each of them up at work to test them out. I won't be able to set these up at home for a few weeks so wanted to make sure they were good to go sooner rather than later should I need to return them or something.

Monitor 1: 100% perfect, no dead pixels, no major issues.

Monitor 2: One bad pixel -- shows white on a full red screen, any other color works fine. At about 50% height and 1/3 from the left edge.

Monitor 3: No bad pixels but there is a spec of dust that slightly dims a couple of pixels, again at about 50% height and 1/3 from the left edge.

Overall I am satisfied. I'm not ultra picky about this sort of stuff on displays, or backlight bleed, etc. I know some people are a lot more sensitive to these things and thus these monitors might not be the best choice. I care more about stuff like resolution and refresh rate and size, and on those fronts, these displays deliver.

Back