Refurb: Corsair Power Supplies at Newegg (1/4/15)

Interesting that the new ones with rebates are cheaper than the refurbished ones.

Just picked up a refurb GS800 yesterday for $49 free shipping! It'll be a welcome replacement for my aging Apevia warlock 900w (that can't even do 900w...)

I'm always hesitant to buy refurbished products. There was a reason they were returned. I don't want someone else's problem. I'd rather wait for a sale on a new drive, which Newegg seems to have pretty often.

I'm always hesitant to buy refurbished products. There was a reason they were returned. I don't want someone else's problem. I'd rather wait for a sale on a new drive, which Newegg seems to have pretty often.
This thread is for power supplies :p

But otherwise i understand what you're saying. My thinking is that Corsair would have serviced and or tested these power supplies somehow (?)

The refurbished Corsair H60 liquid CPU cooler I purchased came sealed in a retail box. I would have believed it was brand new if it did not have a refurbished sticker on the box.

I believe I got my psu from their refurbished sale last year, it's still running perfect, never would have known it wasn't new.

Can't Overclock my 7930's with my Coolermaster 750watt(yet could with my Corsair 750watt and EVGA 1000Watt). Gonna replace the Coolermaster with the GS800. For $50, why not?

Power supplies are one of the few things that I'm ok with buying refurb. They aren't really complex and it's usually going to be a simple replaced cap or something. Motherboards on the otherhand, no way.

Power supplies are one of the few things that I'm ok with buying refurb. They aren't really complex and it's usually going to be a simple replaced cap or something. Motherboards on the otherhand, no way.

i'd more look at the company than the product.

i'm willing to bet corsair refurbs are probably a new internal board soldered to the old cables.
just like i'm willing to bet their water coolers are a new sealed unit with maybe the old rad and accessories.

that said i think i'm gonna grab that refurb hx. if they had the ax850 it would be a done deal.

My GS800 was defective. It's on it's way back to the Egg. :(

It would power up for a few seconds and then die.

I got an AX860. Works great (so far!) Only thing that was off was they gave me a modular SATA power connector that was for the wrong model PSU. Figured it out after cable management so was a minor hiccup but other than that no complaints. Thanks OP!

I've had less than ideal experience with Corsair refurb SSDs. To be honest they're not known for SSD quality anyway, but I would be careful buying a refurb PSU from them.

Back