Refurb Black Zune $99

Friday? Normal business hours are from Monday-Friday....I used to work at UPS/Fedex and both deliver on Saturday for a charge.

Fedex ground for residential addresses (ie Home Delivery) operates Tuesday-Saturday.

Well i installed it on my work laptop and it worked fine with the cd software. Listening to it now. I think it might be my buggy unofficial sp3

mine still shows that it is supposed to get in today. It's almost 8 pm where I live...hmmm :confused:

just called fedex to see when it is going to get here. they said that they dont have the package in their possession. I guess no zune for me tonight :(

The status on mine is still showing it in Irving Texas, for the last 22 hours. :confused: They either missed a scan, or it fell behind one of their sorting machines.

Oh well, it looks like I have to make a stop in Plano TX next week. Maybe I can stop by the Fedex office and find it for them when I am passing through Irving.

Don

A few notes:

1) They were shipped with Fed Ex Home, which delivers on Saturday
2) According to the Woot discussion thread, people who ordered more than one will have their order shipped last. Snapster is not sure why, usually they ship the orders with more than one of the item first, but the warehouse screwed up.
3) They are factory refurbished/recertified, so I'm guessing the only thing left is the circuit boards. Microsoft probably replaced most of the casing and the hard drive.

In case anyone wants to know, I emailed Woot right after I ordered the Zune asking if I could pick it up there. Here's their answer:

"Currently, we do not have a will call window. Sorry,.

Thank you for Wooting,

Lynn
Customer Service
Woot.Com

A little more insight:

"From Snapster

Latest update:

I can unfortunately confirm that members ordering 2 or 3 were indeed shipped after orders for 1. This was a questionable call made by a supervisor who was thinking something along the lines that the singles would go faster and therefore we'd please more people with their quicker movement. There are multiple shipment lanes processing over 1k boxes an hour each to fulfill our orders and processes are being defined on the fly when there are unexpected events like the wide reach of this VIP sale. This was a regretful mistake, but we've really made our logistics crew's job hectic this last week, and I'd like to try and get some benefit of the doubt trickling down here to our membership."

A little more insight:

"From Snapster

Latest update:

I can unfortunately confirm that members ordering 2 or 3 were indeed shipped after orders for 1. This was a questionable call made by a supervisor who was thinking something along the lines that the singles would go faster and therefore we'd please more people with their quicker movement. There are multiple shipment lanes processing over 1k boxes an hour each to fulfill our orders and processes are being defined on the fly when there are unexpected events like the wide reach of this VIP sale. This was a regretful mistake, but we've really made our logistics crew's job hectic this last week, and I'd like to try and get some benefit of the doubt trickling down here to our membership."

Thanks for the update. I guess I'm glad I didn't get 3 then.:) Is there a semi hidden discussion board for the VIP sale? I've been poking around there forums a bit today but can only find references to the older Zune sales. The BAG OF CRAP discussions are a hoot.

Nevermind, I found the discussion. They just highjacked and earlier Zune sale thread and continued on.

The status on mine is still showing it in Irving Texas, for the last 22 hours. They either missed a scan, or it fell behind one of their sorting machines.

Oct 10, 2007 10:14 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

CHAMPAIGN, IL

Oct 9, 2007 9:49 PM

IRVING, TX

6:58 PM

Picked up

IRVING, TX

4:20 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

CARROLLTON, TX

I feel better. It looks like they just missed a departure scan. It is meandering my direction. Only 200 miles away.:)

Don

This is one of the fastest and longest threads in this section. :eek3:

Oct 11, 2007 12:21 AM

Left origin

IRVING, TX

Oct 10, 2007 6:32 PM

IRVING, TX 1:42 PM

Picked up

IRVING, TX

Oct 9, 2007 5:20 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

CARROLLTON, TX

Just FYI... I ordered two Sunday and here is my email that Woot sent me (So it appears they may not be shipping people who ordered more than one last, after all)

Your order for 2 Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player - Black on 10/07/2007 has been recently shipped via FEDEX.

Your tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You can track your package at the following link: xxxxx

Your order may contain multiple packages that arrive on different days. If you don't receive your entire order at the same time, please wait a couple of days after you receive your first package before contacting us at [email protected].

For future reference, your order number is: xxxxxxxxxx.

Please check out the Product Forum at the following link:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=

Visit us at http://www.woot.com and http://wine.woot.com

From,
Your friendly neighborhood Wootbot

I didn't get this email until TODAY and it is already showing out for delivery.
I have a hunch they ended up shipping more-than-one orders first... because I ordered Sunday and it's already here Thursday!

I click on the link and it says:

"you missed it.

THE SALE'S OVER; YOU'RE TOO LATE."

"you missed it.

THE SALE'S OVER; YOU'RE TOO LATE."

You must visit this Forum several times a day(like 18-20 or so,) or you risk missing many great things.;)

This deal ran out on Sunday I think. One of the largest single sales in Woots history by the sounds of it. It made a shambles of their warehouse logistics. Every growing company has these kind of hiccups. May they continue to grow and prosper.:D

Don

You must visit this Forum several times a day(like 18-20 or so,) or you risk missing many great things.;)

This deal ran out on Sunday I think. One of the largest single sales in Woots history by the sounds of it. It made a shambles of their warehouse logistics. Every growing company has these kind of hiccups. May they continue to grow and prosper.:D

Don

I would really like to know how many they actually had...

I would really like to know how many they actually had...

Well, i think they were the excluse distributer of ALL the refurb Zunes from Microsoft.... so that could be a whole hell of a lot. 1,000's maybe?

battery life is OK i guess. Mine didn't get a totally full charge, but after about 8 hrs of play, the battery was getting down to the low low area. volume only about 9-10, and very little playing with. As long as it can last me a shift at work, i'm happy.

Picked mine up from home at lunchtime...

Looks perfect..Not a single scratch...Not a single issue...

Fantastic deal, I think..

This is from Snapster in the Woot forums.

The staff feeling is that though all orders have made it out very close to the prescribed time (I hate to use that monday holiday excuse but reserve the right to do so in the future!), we disappointed more members than we liked. The logistics decision to ship 2 and 3 pack orders last has been permanently adjusted in our minds and we'd like to recover from the choice in your mind as well.

Now - a last statement I'm going to work in here -- this regarding PERSPECTIVE of comments versus units sold. This is a sales event well into the 5 figure unit sales. Very very small percentages of people posting about any issue can carry on for pages and pages of this forum. Please do not be overly scared to see things that are technically very common at this scale. Fedex will lose an order or two (or 25). A few Zunes will be DOA. Someone will get an empty box. And of course many will be rude and paranoid in the forums regardless of this advice. It's personal to everyone who has an order issue and we understand that. Woot does not panic - we deal with issues as they come up and would prefer that you email [email protected] and give us a chance to respond before contributing to any over reaction.

Look, I don't feel bad about giving them a little grief. They admit they could have done better. Don't do your single biggest sale ever in the middle of a Wootoff. I don't do this for a living, and I could have told them that would cause them some problems.

The interesting line is where he says this was well into the 5 figures. I'm guessing 12-13k. I wonder what the return rate of Zunes all the way back to M$ was?

What was the return rate at the retail outlets?

Anyways, they will live and learn, and I will continue to stop there to read their product descriptions and occasionally buy something. I'm not diligent enough to ever have a chance at a Box Of Condoms though.:D

Don

WTF!?

I just called the support line for my zune because I couldn't get it to sync properly. I gave them the S/N and they said it was registered to another person. They will not support me if anything goes wrong with the hardware unless I can get the info of the previous owner! WOOT, WTF? I wonder if this applies to everyone that got one through this sale?? I'm going to E-Mail Woot support and see what's going on and how they got these players. Something is wrong, hopefully it's MS's fault.

They are refurbished. Save the vip woot page because it contains the info about the warranty and it being refurbished. I would definitely call back M$ and telling them where it came from and even show the proof.

On another note, refurbished could mean open box, aesthetic defect, or returned goods. This isnt something wrong on our part, but on M$ since they came to woot directly from them.

fedex man just showed up!!!!!

My Zune looks good. Some scuffs on the D-pad, but the screen looks perfect! Not too bad for a Benjamin!

They are refurbished. Save the vip woot page because it contains the info about the warranty and it being refurbished. I would definitely call back M$ and telling them where it came from and even show the proof.

On another note, refurbished could mean open box, aesthetic defect, or returned goods. This isnt something wrong on our part, but on M$ since they came to woot directly from them.

I told them the day I bought it, that it was from Woot.com, the serial etc. They insisted that I need to find the previous owner and get their info... How can they refurb something and sell it with the other person still registered when they obviously don't own it!? Stupid MS. I hope Woot or MS can fix this.

WTF!?

I just called the support line for my zune because I couldn't get it to sync properly. I gave them the S/N and they said it was registered to another person. They will not support me if anything goes wrong with the hardware unless I can get the info of the previous owner! WOOT, WTF? I wonder if this applies to everyone that got one through this sale?? I'm going to E-Mail Woot support and see what's going on and how they got these players. Something is wrong, hopefully it's MS's fault.

Ugh, thats not good. Please update us with the outcome.

The status on mine is still showing it in Irving Texas, for the last 22 hours. :confused: They either missed a scan, or it fell behind one of their sorting machines.

Oh well, it looks like I have to make a stop in Plano TX next week. Maybe I can stop by the Fedex office and find it for them when I am passing through Irving.

Don

I actually work part-time for a fedex ground facility here in Madison, WI, and it most likely was just not scanned into the system. Missed scans themselves are actually pretty common since the loaders themselves are responsible for the scanning, and not the actual sorters. Generally everyone onsite does a really good job in picking up all the packages and making sure that they get on the trucks.

Well, got mine and I must say I am impressed so far.

The packaging and all feels like Microsoft did a great job making everything look "finished" and like it is supposed to- down right to the Zune software.

Install was easy. It downloaded latest software, made sure to update the Zune firmware, asked me a few Qs about syncing, and I am syncing as I type this.

Cosmetically it looks pretty new. The circular pad has some tiny scratches you can only see at a sharp angle in the light... And the back has a tiny bit of wear where it was set on a table, but nothing major that wouldn't happen anyways.

Quite pleased so far.

WTF!?

This from Snapster at Woot.

yeah, I'm going to stand by this -- ideally this info can be relayed back to the guy/gal:

Snapster wrote:Microsoft Warranty Response

We have received word through the grapevine that Microsoft is addressing any misunderstanding by their service team that Woot had certified and warranty supported refurbished Zunes for sale. I do not have direct experience with their service team, but I'd expect this news to travel relatively fast -- if I had to guess, I'd say someone may have dropped the ball communicating it to them and it's not that service departments fault.

While it may feel chaotic to hear this is just now going on, don't be too alarmed -- this is an easy fix and should be resolved in a day or two.

Looks like Woot just had to slap M$ around a bit. Give them a call tomorrow and see if they have it resolved. Make sure you save your receipt.

He also said that their CS department is still backed up and are currently 24 hours behind on emails. About 500 in the que when he checked.

My stupid Zune has been on a Fedex truck since 9 am this morning.

Oh, this is great. Look at my status now.

Oct 11, 2007 12:33 PM
Delivery exception
GRIFFITH, IN
No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day

The mope worked 3 hours and then went home. And of course the status took 6 hours to update.

Weird.

Don

This from Snapster at Woot.
Looks like Woot just had to slap M$ around a bit. Give them a call tomorrow and see if they have it resolved. Make sure you save your receipt.

Great news. Thanks for the update. I'll try them back in a few days.

sigh....they changed my delivery date to the 13th, but I had it shipped to my work and we arent open weekends. So I called FedEx and no pickup is available until a first attempt, and they dont deliver on Mondays:confused: so I will see the zune on tuesday. I really regret not shipping it to my house, DAMNIT

sigh....they changed my delivery date to the 13th, but I had it shipped to my work and we arent open weekends. So I called FedEx and no pickup is available until a first attempt, and they dont deliver on Mondays:confused: so I will see the zune on tuesday. I really regret not shipping it to my house, DAMNIT

I sympathize with your wait...It sucks..

sigh....they changed my delivery date to the 13th, but I had it shipped to my work and we arent open weekends. So I called FedEx and no pickup is available until a first attempt, and they dont deliver on Mondays so I will see the zune on tuesday. I really regret not shipping it to my house, DAMNIT

Oh that's simple, just go sit out front of work all day Saturday waiting for the......

Wait, it's just a Zune.;)

Mines been on the stupid Fedex truck for a day and a half "Out for delivery." Too bad they don't have GPS location viewable from the tracking page on their trucks.

I did order a nice accessory package from Ebay last night. Silicone skin, screen protector, home and car charger, retractable sync cord and a fake leather holder for 25 bux. Hope the stuff aint too chincy for that price.

October 12, 2007 10:50 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
October 11, 2007 6:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 11, 2007 5:30 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

It's only about 30-40 miles to Dallas from the PO Box the Zune is going to. I wonder if I could get it today? Eh, probably tomorrow.

October 12, 2007 10:50 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
October 11, 2007 6:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 11, 2007 5:30 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

It's only about 30-40 miles to Dallas from the PO Box the Zune is going to. I wonder if I could get it today? Eh, probably tomorrow.

Prolly not. The trucks for local delivery are already on the road for today. Pray you see it tomorrow or you won't see it till Tuesday.

Don

I bought a Brando Screen protector. It isnt in yet, so I guess I can still wait it out. I dont know what other accessories I would need, I'd hate to make the thing bulkier by adding on a case to it.

I can wait for the extra days I guess. Gives me time to rip dvds and other videos and get them ready to be transfered.

Did anyone else get a zune that did not have the silver sticker on the back indicating that it is refurbished?

Did anyone else get a zune that did not have the silver sticker on the back indicating that it is refurbished?

Mine had the sticker on it, but I took it off.
Haven't opened the second one, yet.

Back