Refurb 12x LG DVD player 2.50 plus ship at SVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
zpackrat said:
Give me a fuckin break, it's a dvd player for your damn computer.

relax. I was just clarifying for people before they look further. I wouldn't have even clicked on this thread if I knew that it was just a DVD rom.

It's at MWave.com not SVC.com. If it was at SVC I might have made an order and added some other stuff.

Got the email from Mwave and saw it earlier, but really makes me wonder why there are no specs and very limited info.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, would be great to use in a Linux build. :D

SpangeMonkee said:
relax. I was just clarifying for people before they look further. I wouldn't have even clicked on this thread if I knew that it was just a DVD rom.
Since when did set top players come with a speed rating? :p

BBowermaster said:
Since when did set top players come with a speed rating? :p
I always mention the speed rating when refering to my regular dvd player. :p

Seriously though, that's pretty cheap.

AssMan said:
It's at MWave.com not SVC.com. If it was at SVC I might have made an order and added some other stuff.
Yeh, got the email as I was browsing for some cooling stuff at SVC, fixed title but you don't see it till you open the thread.

SpangeMonkee said:

NP, I stated it as a player so there would be no confusion if it was a dvd rw

SpangeMonkee said:
Do you ever see DVD players measured with their read speed? Does LG make a regular DVD player? Lay off the guy.

edit- nevermind it seems others made my point :p

I called Mwave about this product since so little was offered on the web. Felt a little guilty to call over a $2.50 sale. They may update the web site. They said they have a boatload of these.

This drive is not that bad. I just ordered 2 more for $12.XX shipped. Great for replacing those old drives from the ancient computers your co-worker gives you to work on. Offer ends 3/31/06 for anyone else interested.

Got one last time they had this sale, the drive is beige and looks like pulled from IBM computer (as the sticker says).

That's the exact same one I had for like 4 years, it's the fucking shit. :D I Think I might jump on this just to have another DVD Drive.

Edit: Bought one :D

Sweet! I forgot they had given me $15 in "mwave money" a while back. Just got three of these for <$7 shipped.

Thanks for the tip, zp!

Got 'em, wrapped up tight and packed in bubble-wrap and peanuts. They even included CD audio cables.

First one checks out OK. I'll report back if there are any issues with two and three.

Hal|9k said:
Got 'em, wrapped up tight and packed in bubble-wrap and peanuts. They even included CD audio cables.

First one checks out OK. I'll report back if there are any issues with two and three.

Yea these are nice drives. I got my 2nd and 3rd drive in today. The first one I bought I already found use for in a co-workers comp, now 1 of the 2 drives that came in today goes into another co-workers older comp. Nice drives to have, I may order 1 or even 2 more before the 31st.

Description:

Features:

Technical Information:

System Requirements:

Package Contents:

Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information contained herein.
LAWL

Could someone be so kind as to read the model # off the drive?
Trying to find out whether it supports reading DL discs and whether there is a RPC1 firmware for it.

WhoBeDaPlaya said:
Could someone be so kind as to read the model # off the drive?
Trying to find out whether it supports reading DL discs and whether there is a RPC1 firmware for it.

Doesn't matter there are none left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back