Refur MSI GTX780 $399 Amazon Free shipping.

SamiiRoss

Gawd
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card N780-3GD5

61jlQmj6H4L._SL1000_.jpg

MSI RECERTIFIED 90 days warranty direct full accessories original box.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CWNYIBU/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Meh~ GTX780 lost all flare now that nvidia mentioned the release of the GTX780TI. It's still a solid card but... knowing its not the flagship of the GTX700 series anymore sucks :(

I don't count the TITAN

Meh~ GTX780 lost all flare now that nvidia mentioned the release of the GTX780TI. It's still a solid card but... knowing its not the flagship of the GTX700 series anymore sucks :(

I don't count the TITAN

Erm, I don't know about you but most people buy a card for their needs not for the cool factor. It's still an awesome card and one of the best.

Meh~ If I were to purchase a GTX780, it would certainly be for the "wow factor". There is absolutely nothing the GTX780 can do that my GTX680's can't, other than provide a nice glowing GEFORCE GTX in my rig, and bragging rights.

Meh~ If I were to purchase a GTX780, it would certainly be for the "wow factor". There is absolutely nothing the GTX780 can do that my GTX680's can't, other than provide a nice glowing GEFORCE GTX in my rig, and bragging rights.

That all changes when you upgrade past 1080p, IMO. Once you get into surround and even 1600p you can certainly find uses for the power. ;)

That all changes when you upgrade past 1080p, IMO. Once you get into surround and even 1600p you can certainly find uses for the power. ;)

I use 3 catleaps lol i think i have an idea of how large resolution experience is ;)

but hey, thats just my opinion.

surround on a single 680?

BF4 will practically max out a 680 at 1080. Now throw in two other displays...

Good luck.

surround on a single 680?

BF4 will practically max out a 680 at 1080. Now throw in two other displays...

Good luck.

I actually picked up a second GTX680 for SLI about two weeks ago. But if there were any games on the market that would cripple a GTX680 to an unplayable situation, I hardly think a GTX780 would make a world of difference. It's only one step up the hierarchy.

This video card is refurbished by MSI technicians

Those "technicians" sure don't have much faith in their recertification skills if warranty is only 90 days, too funny.

How reliable are these "refurbishes", anyways?
that like asking how reliable is a used car. no one can possibly tell you what to expect. I would not want to fool with one because I have no idea what its been through and 90 days is not enough warranty for something like this.

I actually picked up a second GTX680 for SLI about two weeks ago. But if there were any games on the market that would cripple a GTX680 to an unplayable situation, I hardly think a GTX780 would make a world of difference. It's only one step up the hierarchy.

You're comparing 680 SLI with 780, of course the latter cannot compete. Your initial statement was 680 by itself, which of course is no contest when you go to 1440p and beyond.

You're comparing 680 SLI with 780, of course the latter cannot compete. Your initial statement was 680 by itself, which of course is no contest when you go to 1440p and beyond.

My initial statement was never for a single GTX680. Hence the apostrophe s at the end of GTX680's.

Regardless, what I said still stands even for a single GTX680 vs GTX780.

If you're at 2560x1440 + the 680 is basically crippled by the 2GB VRAM. Some games use more than that, like BF4. That's the biggest reason to go 780, aside from performance.

At 1080p then it is a non-issue for now

Honestly, are you really disappointed?
Just a month ago, I probably wouldn't have believed it was possible to come to a thread with a "780 for $400" topic and meet with such a lack of enthusiasm (even if it's refurbished).

LMAO if you are just spending money for the wow factor than by all means buy the titan. 780 is in another league of its own and if that is not a wow factor I dont know what is, lol.

Just a month ago, I probably wouldn't have believed it was possible to come to a thread with a "780 for $400" topic and meet with such a lack of enthusiasm (even if it's refurbished).

Having actually experienced a GPU turning into a paperweight and getting burned because I thought I'd save a few bucks going Zotac (which had a crap short warranty at the time, dunno if thats changed), I pretty much just stick to companies with warranties longer than I plan to keep the card for -- typically thats been EVGA,

Considering the price at release for the R9 series, why should anyone be excited at the current prices of 780's? nVidia gouged the living hell out the 7 series.

Considering the price at release for the R9 series, why should anyone be excited at the current prices of 780's? nVidia gouged the living hell out the 7 series.

$500 and quiet/cool + nvidia features+ very close performance (including custom coolers available for the same price like the ACX) with three new AAA games vs. $550 for a hot, loud, throttling R9 290X that is around the same performance in real-world gaming due to that last point (at 2560x1600/below)? Most people don't want their computer to be a leafblower, and virtually no one uses 4K yet (you could probably count the 4K 60hz gamers here on one hand), so that resolution is irrelevant.

Back