Refreshing My Programming Knowledge

Tordek

[H]ard|Gawd
Guys/Gals,

I'll be taking an assessment test for a job interview soon.
The details are explained in this quote:
(bolded the important part)

Assessment Details
There are 3 assessments:
· The first is a logic-based expression evaluation set. It tells you about a set of operators (like +, -, >, < but more string based) and then asks multiple choice questions based on these assumptions.
· The second set of questions is paper-and-pencil based programming exercise. You may use any of the following languages: C, C++, C#, Pascal, BASIC, Visual BASIC or JAVA. We are focusing on logic and problem solving, not syntax, which is why we also accept pseudo code.
· Part three is a section on Math and Logic. It contains basic math and algebra problems, logic problems, and word puzzles.
You&#8217;re evaluated on both speed and accuracy- therefore there is no time limit, but speed is a factor
Expect to spend 2-3 hours to complete the materials
You do not need to study for any of the assessments

My question is, does anyone know a good reference site to refresh my programming skills. I want to mostly work my answers in the 2nd set in pseudo code or c.

Thanks,

Tordek

I really don't think the language matters, the main thing they want to know is how you solve a problem. it is not expected that you would make a working solution that compiles with no errors

I posted a list of books in this thread, the last time something like this came up.

That thread also contains a list of 20 or so questions that are typical of what I have asked in engineering interviews over the years.

Last edited:
I posted a list of books in this thread, the last time something like this came up.

That thread also contains a list of 20 or so questions that are typical of what I have asked in engineering interviews over the years.

This is a very good info.

I'm interviewing in top SW companies right now and I was asked a couple of questions from Mikes list during tech screens.

Nothing says "I love you" like free beer.
What's your flavor?

If I survive college, I'll send you a case for each time I've read your essay, bought a book you referenced/mentioned, or dug that much deeper to finish a problem or project, and do it well. Or just learn something new.

Bonus case for Killian's lovers.

Nothing says "I love you" like free beer.

Deal. You come over to Sammamish, I have Redhook ESB and Ayinger Brau-Weiss on tap, plus bottles of other stuff I can crack open. Only a 10-15 minute drive from Mercer.

Are there ever Seattle area get-togethers?

I have no clue, but the offer is serious. If you'd like to come buy for free beer, you're welcome to do so. Two kegs takes a long time for one guy and his girlfriend to get through, especially when they're trying to consume fewer calories :)

Back