Reformatting my network's "main computer".

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Well it is full of spyware and all that other junk. I am going to format the computer and keep it niec and clean. Anyways, right now that computer serves as the main computer in my home network. It is my is the computer that serves as a print server as well because that is where the printer is connected. My network is a little Linksys router with 3 computers. After the format, what will I have to do to that computer to get my network back to the way it was. The thing I am concerned about is the printer. Would I have to set it all up once again?

for the printer just install the drivers after you format and then go to the control panel >> printers and faxes >> right click on the printer >> properties >> Sharing >> Share this printer on the network

then find that computer on the network from your other 2 computers and double click on the printer and click yes to install the driver. If you want to make it the default check off the corresponding box.

compslckr said:
for the printer just install the drivers after you format and then go to the control panel >> printers and faxes >> right click on the printer >> properties >> Sharing >> Share this printer on the network

then find that computer on the network from your other 2 computers and double click on the printer and click yes to install the driver. If you want to make it the default check off the corresponding box.

Alright thanks. Should I get rid of the printer listed in my other two computers? OR that that not really matter?

yeah, your best bet is probably to just go to the printers and faxes folder on the other computers and delete the printer that is already there since it won't work after the format unless you give it the exact same name etc.

Back