reformating question

boredguyatcomp

Limp Gawd
ok so ive gotten a friends computer to reformat with windows xp. and so i had formated it earlier with linux just to show him linux (unfortunately he doesnt like linux). so yeah i put the windows xp cd in (yes I bought this cd) heres the message i get "setup cannot find a previus version of windows installed on your computer. to continu, setup needs to verify that you qualify to use this upgrade product.

pleese insert one of the following windows product CDs into the CD-Rom drive: windows xp home/pro/2000/me/ect.

the two options are...

When CD is in the drive, press ENTER

To quit Setup, press F3

i need to get windows xp pro on there and im totally clueless as to what that message means i should do. btw im no noobie to reformating.

It means the disk that you are using to install Windows XP is an upgrade disk. It's looking for proof that you own a copy of a previous version before it will let you install.

thanks just that really doesnt make much sence becuase its not an upgrade disk really. ive used it before to reformat a computer with linux on it. oh well i got it fixed anyways used another cd.

Back