Reeven Justice 120mm CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

Noctuas have the wire mounts for fans. You can shift the fan up and put the wire clip in between heatsink fins if you need ram clearance. It's specifically designed for that. That is, if you're using a vertical cooler.
My apologies... My post was not thrown out right. The noctua I have is fine. Clears my ram OK. I was just saying that I just bought it and then this recent cooler comes out lol. But I don't like how the reveen takes up the space. Again my apologies.

My apologies... My post was not thrown out right. The noctua I have is fine. Clears my ram OK. I was just saying that I just bought it and then this recent cooler comes out lol. But I don't like how the reveen takes up the space. Again my apologies.

Gotcha, dude. I actually had the same concern with the Reeven. The plastic clips for the fan being aligned to the fan holes actually prevents you from shifting up the fan to clear Ram like you can with the Noctua and its wire mount. Although I've been more than happy with my Noctua and dualfan setup. Pricey but the kit is just so damn well put together that I'm glad I finally went for it.

shouldn't they sticky this for a while? It is the new king of air coolers right?

I know its bigger but I wonder how it compares to the NH-D15. If you're comparing to water you might as well compare what is considered the best air cooler on the market right?

Reactions: ktos2
like this
I know its bigger but I wonder how it compares to the NH-D15. If you're comparing to water you might as well compare what is considered the best air cooler on the market right?
7169_26_reeven-justice-rc-1204-cpu-cooler-review.png

Good catch! According to this its 2 degrees cooler compared to the Justice. (Of course the justice is Half the price s well) But it does beat the DH14 easy enough! I would still buy the justice because of the size and weight difference in most cases. Also imagine putting a second fan on the justice and i bet it easily matches or beats the DH15.

Anybody actually grab one of these?

Compared to other reviews, the [H] seemed to get better than expected results.

I think I'm ditching my h100i GTX. I'm 99% sure it just died and when I get the RMA I think I'm going to just craigslist it. IMHO it seems that water cooling is only worth it if you can service the coolant.

Numbers in the test results are impressive. If only i could get it to fit into my small itx builds...

Numbers in the test results are impressive. If only i could get it to fit into my small itx builds...
looks like one of the lower profile coolers would still work nicely! CPU COOLER : Reeven Hopefully [H] will review more of there stuff. (we can always use more reviews right? lol)

I wonder if the long radius bends in the heat pipes has a big effect on this cooler? If you look at other brands the bends are much tighter in comparison.

haha, i was checking out their lower profile coolers. Not many reviews compared to some of the other SFF heatsinks, but seems to be a good performer too.

hmm i wonder if the bends make a difference, now that you mention it. Though, i'd think after all these years of heatpipe technology, these guys have the science down to a T? hah

Just an update to this post. I recently decided to upgrade my still quite nice i5-2500K build and went with the Asus Sabertooth Mark 1 and the i7-6700K matched up with G.Skill 16GB3000 x 2 DDR4 and cooled by a Reeven Justice. The CPU booted immediately at 44 multiplier, so I tried 46...that also had no problems so I tried 48:

Temps, with the Reeven Justice, aggressive fan profile to hit 100% at 63C + I added a "pull" fan on the back of the tower to help the airflow out the back. My case is also completely hacked to incorporate 200mmx3 fans pulling air through an electrostatic 14x20 air filter to provide clean air in a positive case pressure; all components, e.g., GTX 970, PSU, exhaust air out the back INCLUDING the active cooling on the Sabertooth.

Using Handbrake on a 60FPS AVCHD MTS file from a Canon camcorder (1920x1080), ram at nominal 3000 MHz, no adjustments to cache or BCLK/FCLK:

4.6 GHz, 115 avg FPS, 80-84C CPU is pulling a consistent 1.40v (left it on "auto" in the bios)
4.8 GHz, 130 avg FPS, 87-90C CPU is pulling 1.50v, still on auto
Unfortunately, the system BSOD as I was taking a screenshot of the 4.8GHz run and the 130 avg FPS was earlier in the run than the 115 avg at 4.6GHz; I suspect it would end up closer to 120FPS

At idle, the CPU is running 25-ish C, ambient air temp 75F/24C, and with the case through airflow so high, the CPU temp "recovers" quickly once the load drops off.

CPU Z benchmark
4.6GHz 9664 multi, 2307 single
4.8GHz 9910 multi, 2405 single

And the final question, did the new build meet expectations?
For the same file, my i5-2500K running at "only" a 4.2GHz turbo, running handbrake on the same file and at the same percentage, returned an AVG FPS of 57, so I'd say "Hell yes". I credit the Reeven for allowing a "safe" OC experience. Now I'll tinker with the voltages and see if I can get 4.6GHz stable at 1.35 and drop the temps a little.

Thanks for the excellent review!

Anybody actually grab one of these?

Compared to other reviews, the [H] seemed to get better than expected results.
Numbers in the test results are impressive
Since last august I got the same feeling as you above, and in the end I cannot resist and imported one (as it's not sold here in Italy where I live).

Well, my own sample seems to be not that much compatible with the stellar performance shown in the Marc Adams review but I seriously take into account possible testing errors (and bad luck).

Actually here it often trails more modest (in size and fan speed) coolers such as the Scythe Kotetsu, so I don't understand how it can best by about 3°C the larger Mugen 4: eventually it is not a bad cooler, but probably it is not a badass one also.

The Justice didn't bested any of the cooler I compared to (which were five), most notably the 2009 Prolimatech Armageddon (so not a stellar performer too) which was supposed to replace in a rig of mines.
I want to add for the benefit of those who wondered about, that the yellow fan is also nothing to write home about, roughly equivalent to a Scythe Glidestream PWM (and for good reason, I guess).

The "bottom line" is: if you don't have the very same setup and the same ambient temp of Marc Adams, don't even bank on such figures.
BTW, if any of you live in Italy and look for a just tested, enough good air cooler, let me know: who knows if we're not having a good deal.

Have a nice time you all! :D

Since last august I got the same feeling as you above, and in the end I cannot resist and imported one (as it's not sold here in Italy where I live).

Well, my own sample seems to be not that much compatible with the stellar performance shown in the Marc Adams review but I seriously take into account possible testing errors (and bad luck).

Actually here it often trails more modest (in size and fan speed) coolers such as the Scythe Kotetsu, so I don't understand how it can best by about 3°C the larger Mugen 4: eventually it is not a bad cooler, but probably it is not a badass one also.

The Justice didn't bested any of the cooler I compared to (which were five), most notably the 2009 Prolimatech Armageddon (so not a stellar performer too) which was supposed to replace in a rig of mines.
I want to add for the benefit of those who wondered about, that the yellow fan is also nothing to write home about, roughly equivalent to a Scythe Glidestream PWM (and for good reason, I guess).

The "bottom line" is: if you don't have the very same setup and the same ambient temp of Marc Adams, don't even bank on such figures.
BTW, if any of you live in Italy and look for a just tested, enough good air cooler, let me know: who knows if we're not having a good deal.

Have a nice time you all! :D
Unless you have same exact system and room temp as the [H] reviewer then of course your results will be different lol

I was actually aboot to buy it last weekend but after looking and looking I could only find it in the US, I'm in CAN. after conversion and shipping etc it was more than $60 plus waiting for it to ship. so I bought a H110i GT off kijiji instead for $100CAN delivered to my door in under an hour. not regretting it at all. :) BUT if I can ever find one in CAN I might still try it.

Unless you have same exact system and room temp as the [H] reviewer then of course your results will be different lol
I'm sorry, probably my english is not enough good: which part of "don't bank on [H[ figures" was not clear?
IIRC you yourself asked "It is the new king of air coolers right?": well, in my experience it is not, as the results I got were not as impressive.
But that doesn't mean that a different setup (in my hypothesis, identical to Marc Adams' one) may not offer a better outcome.

I was actually aboot to buy it last weekend but after looking and looking I could only find it in the US, I'm in CAN. after conversion and shipping etc it was more than $60 plus waiting for it to ship. so I bought a H110i GT off kijiji instead for $100CAN delivered to my door in under an hour. not regretting it at all. :) BUT if I can ever find one in CAN I might still try it.

due the nature of your chip, you did the better choice possible, with that CPU few air cooler can barely match a 240 AIO, and that being a 280 and a good one the only next step to improve temp would be full custom..

Hate to bump an old thread, but how do I send Reeven an email? Their website claims they are sending out free AM4 mounts, but the emails on their AM4 page seem to be invalid. Want to get this for Ryzen, but a bit worried they won't follow through.

If anyone has successfully contacted them, do let me know what email you used and how long it took for them to ship it. And if the shipping was free.

Back